Shaky hands!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurenmbx

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!
I'm so down at the moment.
I'm trained in all types of nail techniques e.g. Gel applicatio, acrylic extensions.

But I'm absolutely terrible at application My hands are so shaky and my technique is terrible!

Has anybody else had this same problem? or does anyone have any ideas to help with shaky hands?
I feel as though i'm going to have to give nails.

Thanks

lauren xx

Hey Geeks!
I'm so down at the moment.
I'm trained in all types of nail techniques e.g. Gel applicatio, acrylic extensions.

But I'm absolutely terrible at application My hands are so shaky and my technique is terrible!

Has anybody else had this same problem? or does anyone have any ideas to help with shaky hands?
I feel as though i'm going to have to give nails.

Thanks

lauren xx

Shaky hands syndrome, ah yes, we've all been there and done that ;)

The one thing that helped me was Bachs Rescue Remedy (available from health shops and most supermarkets).

I do believe it has a lot to do with confidence amd experience and once you have that, the shaky hands will be a thing of the past, hopefully :)

Shaky hands syndrome, ah yes, we've all been there and done that ;)

The one thing that helped me was Bachs Rescue Remedy (available from health shops and most supermarkets).

I do believe it has a lot to do with confidence amd experience and once you have that, the shaky hands will be a thing of the past, hopefully :)

Oh wow will try that.
Isn't it embarrassing and your client is staring at you!
Thankyou Beauts will give it a whirl! xx

Bach Rescue Remedy is the answer

Someone told me that their mum always suffered with shaky hands, so she got acupuncture and it got rid of it for 7 years! Never had acupuncture myself, but it's just a thought

When I had Shellac training we were taught to rest one finger on another finger to stop shaking. It's hard to explain but I have a photo which I'll find and upload.

Quit coffe or reduce it or drink better quality
My mum had this problem and once I changed her brand of coffe it was diminished to next to nothing

Hiya, I too suffer with terrible shakes, not so much atm but it comes and goes. Seems to be more present for me when I'm working on ppl who already know I shake and always comment on it!

Are you worried about your technique so much it's making you shake? Or could there be a medical reason? I've noticed that when I take certain medications my shakes get worse.

It's kind of 6 of one half a dozen of the other isn't it? Definitely try the bach's tho and the coffee suggestion by asteropi is a good one (if you drink it) maybe try something more mellow...mellow birds etc.

Good luck. If you find any miracle answers please share I'll try anything to stop it! Xx

Please find attached photo as promised.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 77
This photo is exactly how I hold my hand to paint!
I also usually place the polish in a ramekin dish so that I don't have to clench this either. The other plus is that it prevents spillage if I knock it over! [emoji16]

Shakey hands, I understand because it was the same for me.. probably for a lot of techs too!

My first day + week ahead working on the general public was the worst though as I went on things got better and I settled more into what I was doing since I was calmer inside.

It's different for everyone, so for me on this one was to center myself whilst sat in the chair, on the very center of my chest, then focusing on my breathing, taking note to breath smooothly rather than in a speedy or shallow way - I noticed this type of breath made things worse.

For me it was stress thing since my home life was a high stress situation at the time, with a lot of pressure on me not to do a job at all.. it was never anything to do with anything like posture and all of that so sometimes it is worth checking in on how you feel in yourself / life situation as well as things like posture and stuff.

The best thing about this is that it can improve and pass, and because it improves and passes you've a good indication that things are on the up all round :)x

Last edited:
I once had the same issue, and realized that if I avoided drinking coffee or ANY caffeine products, it was not so much anyone issue.

Also balancing with your pinkie helps.

And last but not least, MAKE SURE YOU ARE BREATHING! Do not hold your breath, some tecs get nervous and do this, it's a big cause of shaking hands. Stop what you're doing and BREATH for a min.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back