Shall I just give up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneinnocentme

Reaction score
I'm so disheartened, and feel like I have spent so much money on my kit and the course for nothing! The other nails I have done have had them removed and don't want more. So oh joy I have my mother and one other lady as a client base! That hardly covers the cost of everythingIi use

I do everything i was taught, I'm so strict with my prep, the products I use are misa and cali ( casie ). Are these good systems? They are the products I trained with.

I'm by no means advertising or looking for clients or even calling myself a nail tech, because of these problems.

So I guess what I'm asking is ... are these teething problems that will go with practice? Did you all start off with clients loosing nails? Shall I just give up until I can one day save for a more intense course, and a flight back to the UK to do it? Are these products not the greatest? Or am I a lost cause?

Thanks so much for your time to read this.
One slightly lost 30 yr old mother of 2 lol lol

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many aspects to getting this right. I think who you train with is very important, and I think good products are important too. I have not heard of the ones you use (I'm a newbie too so for all I know they could be good), but I have heard that Creative and NSI are very good. I started using NSI and I'm pleased with them, they are better than the products I trained with, but I feel my training course was very good - I have also put alot of my own time in and trained on people for free.

Having confidence in your products is important, if you really want to make a go of it I think you should definitely go on a good approved training course, write down all your questions and concerns and take them with you - use the tutor and ask the questions.

Don't throw in the towel yet - I had a rocky start - a girls tip fell off after 2 days, someone elses lasted a week and she didnt come back for more!! But I have changed to NSI, went back for the second part of the course armed with questions and thats given me a lift :)

Your problems are very common - chin up, keep going, and good luck.

xx

Hello. I have not heard of these systems either?

Maybe you could convert to something else?

If you do a search on here something like, which nail system, you will find the most popular companies that get mentioned CND and NSI being two of them, as said by above poster. Maybe you could go on a conversion course.

Hope this helps :hug:

P.S. I was like this at first too. Do not give up! With more training and brand support you will get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't give up on the system and tools just yet though I don't know them either. I'm with bio sculpture which costs a fair whack to use but is an excellent uv gel and I have had loads of teething problems with gels not lasting or getting the application on just perfect. I've been at it for 6 months now and it is, on occasion, starting to feel better. Some clients nails work well and others I do not hear from again (which upsets me inside that I feel have not done something right). Practise, practise, practise is the thing - even whilst I am out there offering a service. So I don't offer tips/extensions to clients except the odd one, but I am practising still.

To get the clients you have to do marketing and low cost is best. I first did special offers on a basic leaflet and put that out to a couple of hundred houses nearby and offer an incentive scheme to recommend friends.

I don't know if any of that helps but I wanted you to know you are not alone! Caroline x

you know what..............thank you guys!!! Ok so im using un heard of products this is quite concerning!!! Good news is my mother is back from her 2 week holiday and nails are as good as new!!! Woo hooo!!
So i must be really unlucky with every one else he he he!!
Right will keep up the practice then, thanks guys some times a little gee up is all thats needed eh? Will get saving for another training session too! xxx thank you thank you thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back