Shall I pre-lighten or go for it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hi geeks. My client has been wanting a Rihanna red for months now, proper bright vibrant but deep red. So far the best I've come up with is wella Kp 66/45 77/45 with special mix and I'm still not happy with it, it looks more orange than red 😔

So as a last attempt I ours hard some rusk rouge which is direct colour, no peroxide but states it is semi permanent. Has anyone used these products before?

My clients hair had about1.5 inch roots of mousey base 7 her mid lengths are built up wella red that I've been using and her ends are more faded, her hair is quite dry but I do think it could take a cleanse.

Do you think if I put it straight on it would grip on the previous red and look more vibrant or should I cleanse it slightly and apply?

What worries me about cleansing is it won't touch much of the mid lengths? But then if I apply it directly how even would it take and would the roots be different to the ends?

Ahhh sorry so many questions I'm just trying hard to get the best colour possible for my client and hoping this will get me the result I need! Xxxx

Anyone??? 😕😕😕

Hi misslou

Sorry i am a bit of a colour novice and will no doubt be on here asking lots of questions myself! I can't help you on the colour correction or cleansing side but when you said you thought it came out too orange/copper i guess that would be because the predominant tone used in the mix above is /45 (orange/copper/) so maybe look at replacing that with /55 double red tone and/or adding some blue tone to the mix to counteract the orange?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

6rr and 6rv in gold well are fab! And elumen is a fab product, permanent but direct so no mixing :) x

Thanks for the replies geeks 😊

Ah I didn't realise that about the special mix, that's probably it.

I'm doing it tonight so don't have time to go out and change colours now but if this doesn't work I will try the gold well.

Really not sore wether to cleanse the hair or not, I suppose it's along the lines of a crazy colour so probably will get better results but on the other hand thinking the build up of red already on the ends could be good and could be a nightmare trying to cleanse that out...ahhh help! Feeling the pressure as well as she has a compition on the weekend and I really want to give her the best colour possible xxx

Is /45 not red mahogany? Have you tried using a quasi to tone? If you're using wella ct have some really vibrant Reds 😊

You're right lar wella /4 is red /34 is orange. My bad. That will teach me for swapping colour houses too much with a little brain/memory :confused:

I would maybe cleanse the ends slightly depending on how dark they are then put koleston 77/46 and 6% on the roots then ether leave the ends while the roots are on then on towel dried hair put the rusk semi all over or if u want to give the ends more staying power then while the roots are taking put 77/45 with 0/45 on the ends let that all process then gloss over with the rusk

You're right lar wella /4 is red /34 is orange. My bad. That will teach me for swapping colour houses too much with a little brain/memory :confused:

Haha I struggle with just the one!

Thanks for all the advice geeks, I have int just read them though as I been with clients all day, it went really well!!! I'm so chuffed with the colour!!!!! 😃👍 I will be sticking with rusk for future reds now!

In saying that I can't comment on the staying power as only haut done it this evening but so far it's an amazing red.

I cleansed the whole lot in the end, to be on the safe side, so glad I did, I got the best result, here's a before and after 😊 View attachment 84363View attachment 84364

Thanks for all the advice geeks, I have int just read them though as I been with clients all day, it went really well!!! I'm so chuffed with the colour!!!!! 😃👍 I will be sticking with rusk for future reds now!

In saying that I can't comment on the staying power as only haut done it this evening but so far it's an amazing red.

I cleansed the whole lot in the end, to be on the safe side, so glad I did, I got the best result, here's a before and after 😊 View attachment 84363View attachment 84364

Good on ya! It looks amazing!

Amazing job!!!!! Wow!! So great!

Wow brilliant v vibrant!

Thanks geeks!! I feel so happy I have finally nailed it!! Feel really proud 😃

Looks so good lovely 😊

Latest posts

Back