Shaping acrylic nail body properly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabattersby1997

Reaction score
Hi, I’m at college training to do nails; acrylics at the moment. I’m struggling to get the shaping right on the body of the nail (cuticle end) which means when I’m then painting gel polish over the top it looks messy. How should I better shape the nail body?

First of all make sure you have softened the edges of your file with an old file so it's not as sharp, you don't want to nick the client as you get close to the skin.
Also, always go in one direction in a kind of arc shape so you are following the shape of the nail up, over and down. Pulling the skin taut as you do. This should make sure your not over filing one area and changing the shape of the extension you have just created. Hope that makes sense :)

When you are building the nail are you finding it is bulky near the cuticle? Practising application will help with this and ultimately the finish filing.

HTH :)

Hi, I’m at college training to do nails; acrylics at the moment. I’m struggling to get the shaping right on the body of the nail (cuticle end) which means when I’m then painting gel polish over the top it looks messy. How should I better shape the nail body?

Might be best to speak to your tutor and explain your troubles. she will be able
To go over filing techniques with you again (face to face) x

It’s all in the application rather than the filing.

You have to watch the Youngnails videos. To explain it in words is extremely difficult.

Might be best to speak to your tutor and explain your troubles. she will be able
To go over filing techniques with you again (face to face) x
Sadly my college tutor is next best thing to useless! Too young and inexperienced to manage to teach well! :(

Thank you all of you for your help :) <3 <3

It’s all in the application rather than the filing.

This video is incredible! Thank you! Ive watched quite a few of them now, theyre so helpful! thank you!!

Latest posts

Back