Shaved stomach hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRidingHood

Reaction score
My daughter has been shaving her stomach hair for a couple years I think as she has just brought up this problem to me and she is now 19. She has very sensitive skin so razor burn has been an issue, but not as much as the ingrown hairs. I know you are not supposed to shave your stomach hair, but what can be done to fix this? The ingrown hairs cause red dots and sometimes even pimple type sores. Would waxing fix this, or is it too late for that?

I get ingrown hairs from both waxing and shaving my stomach hair, although I am male so may be because my hair is thicker. Maybe bleaching it would help? I know they do a bleaching product for facial hair...they must do one for body hair too?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exfoliation,sudocreme and start waxing :)

She has tried bleaching but it only lasts for about two days and the the roots turn black. It also tends to bleach the skin and cause noticeable discoloration where the bleach is applied

Has she considered electrolysis? It is a permanent method of hair remove (with repeat and continued treatments) a salon should offer you a consultation to have a look at the hairs and have a chat with her about how the treatment works and what is involved.
Hth x

Or ipl :)

Laser hair removal, excellent for the tummy line when it's been shaved x

Hi I am very hairy, black hair on white pale skin so it looks worse.

I used to shave my belly area and bikini line and suffered with ingrown hairs and an awful rash every time I shaved.

Waxing improved the situation but it was very difficult to wait for the hairs to grow in between.

So I got some laser hair removal and haven't looked back. No ingrown and the hair is very few and in most places none.

I went to a very good place that specialized in it. It was expensive but worth it and it is coming down a little in price.

Not everyone is suitable so you have a consultation first and in most places this is free xxx

Exfoliation,sudocreme and start waxing :)

Can sudocrem be found at any drugstore?

Can sudocrem be found at any drugstore?

Sudocreme is a nappy rash cream that can be purchased in all supermarkets and chemists. If you don't have sudocreme where you're from, look for an alternative nappy rash cream, Bepanthen? Xxx

Poor thing must b really fed up. Some people are prone to ingrowing hair. What I would do is stop shaving. Go & buy some "no bump" from your local Sally's or some Skin Doctors Ingrown go. Wait till hair is long enough to be waxed. Follow a good exfoliating & moisturising regime too x

Poor thing must b really fed up. Some people are prone to ingrowing hair. What I would do is stop shaving. Go & buy some "no bump" from your local Sally's or some Skin Doctors Ingrown go. Wait till hair is long enough to be waxed. Follow a good exfoliating & moisturising regime too x

Yes she is VERY fed up with trying to deal with this, especially when all her friends don't have to worry about it at all. I'm thinking I'm going to get her signed up for laser hair removal, but is there a faster way to do this? She is in college and doesn't want to have to try and bleach all the time with roommates around or have stomach sores if they decide to go swimming or anything.

I noticed a difference in growth after the first laser session. It was much less.

They spaced the sessions out every 6 weeks and each time it was even better.

Be careful when you are picking a place as there are many different machines. It will pay to do the research.

I feel her pain because I was that girl!

She is lucky to have a lovely mum like you looking after her.

Hope you find the best solution for her xxx

Thanks a ton! She has a conciliation set up this afternoon and I'm hoping we can get started ASAP! I don't know if her red spots will affect the treatment though

Let us know how you get on good luck xxxx

Hope you got on OK today. I think laser is definitely the way to go for long term xx

Latest posts

Back