Shaving cancer patient's head?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hi!
My best and most loyal customer has been struck with the dreaded cancer.
She has medium legnth, naturally straight hair. It is a fine texture but there is a lot there.
She is shaving her head before the chemo takes it to make into a wig for other cancer victims.
My question. When i shave the hair do they need the hair in its full legnth in order to make the wig or shall i cut with scissors first then go over with the clippers?
Thanks

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Probably best to ponytail in a position that gives you the evenest fullest pony.. Cut above the band ;)

Brilliant thank u just what i needed to know!
Im more nervous doing this than doing a huge colour correction!

Attachments

• 1402500601218.jpg
    1402500601218.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 210
We recently did this on a 16 year old, (she didn't have cancer) but wanted to raise money for cancer research.

Her hair was really long and I'm sure my daughter was nervous but never showed it. Good cause though x

You'll be fine, good luck x

Debbie

Last edited:
I shaved a lady's hair for charity so she could make it into a wig I started off putting it in 6 even pony tails then use the clippers at a grade 2 then a grade 1 then tidied it up around the neck and around the ears

^^^^^^^^i obv cut the pony tails ❤️

Hollie☀️

Thank u all its schedueled for tues 1st july so nervous! If i can turn somones hair from dark 2 light i can certainly shave someones head xx

Latest posts

Back