Shed conversion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimMarie

Reaction score
Heyy there :)

I have been lurking on here for a week or so but my mum and myself had an idea this morning.
I am currently doing the gel course with essential nails and loving it! Doing this with the view to starting up my own business (all very exciting).
So here was outlet idea, I could convert our shed in to a mini (very mini :S) studio for me to do nails in. Yes it will take a lot of work but it could well be worth it if it works :)

Has anybody done this or ideas on how to go about it ect.

Thanks guys :)

Kim Marie

Hi

Didn't want to read and run although I haven't done this. I do have a very small room which I do use as my nail salon in my house. I love being my own boss doing what I love and working from home. If you have a love for nails I am sure you will make it work. I guess you would just have to make sure it's warm enough and you have enough light etc.

Hopefully someone who has done it will comment to help you. Best of luck x

Hi, just be wary that you don't get any direct light onto your gels! I say this as someone I know did a similar thing in her summerhouse but it had a skylight, hence. Rock solid gel in pots. Whoopsy. Also, it may get a bit warm in there in summertime (assuming we will get one!) so maybe best not to store your gels in there or they will be a tad runny.x

You need to think about heating too in the winter as the cold will effect the removal of gels and the gel it self (this is what I've been told). Sheds have no insulation so it could be uncomfortable in the wintertime.

This is something that I will eventually do but hubby will be building an out building for me (but he has to have his back op first)

You'll need to check with the council about restrictions and also your house insurance policy may not cover you working from home and you have to make sure its safe for the client to get from the front door to the shed (health and safety)

My insurer has just cancelled my home insurance cos they won't cover me working from home grrrr, sou need to get some quotes asap!

Thank you for your replies :) maybe the musings over cups of tea will all it will ever be.

I thinking maybe I will have a purpose build "shop" in the garden when I move out, sounds like that would work better. Although with buying a horse 2 months ago I don't this it will be any time soon :S

Oh well looks like I'll be a kitchen table nail tech for a while :)

Thanks a lot :D

Latest posts

Back