Shellac and groupons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
Hi I currently wax but would like to take up shellac nails as I am always very quiet around Xmas with waxing ...I find most clients want to be pampered and would prefer to have their nails, spray tans and hair done.

I am curious has to how I can make it in the world of nails, when they are so many groupons offering shellac nails at £10.

I thought they are probably not the real products so went to investigate further and lots of people on gumtree offering genuine shellac for £10 and mobile 😁.

I would need to offer this mobile so how do you make a profit it's making me feel rather negative.

Thank you

People offer cheap but it doesn't necessarily mean they're making a killing off it. There's people out there who wouldn't bother with prices that are too cheap. Charge what you think you're worth. Don't let the cheap prices effect you.

People who use groupon to advertise end up losing more money than gaining, as most people only come to a groupon for the cheap price and go place to place for cheap. Never staying with one person.

Hi - when I started out I was a mobile gel technician. I only did gel polish nails having done a one day course with capital using Gellux. I needed to earn money, as when dad passed away I had to go onto the mortgage with mum as we also run the family business from the ground floor.

It was a slow start but as I gained confidence and became proud of my work I took photos and displayed them on Facebook, I also advertised for free on the local selling pages on Facebook, showing my work and stating prices etc.

Once you state you are fully qualified, insure and are mobile so come to them on evenings and weekends - outside normal salon hours you soon get word of mouth going and your work speaks for itself.

I was a little apprehensive going to strangers homes in case they were horrid etc but so far *touch wood* I have THE nicest clients. A LOT of repeat custom and some of the loveliest regulars ever. I'm so lucky.

As clients started asking me to do more and more eg. Tans so I could do little Xmas packages I decided to broaden my treatments.

As long as you provide people with evidence of your work, you should be fine. When people can see the standard, it really does sell itself x x

Thank you for your replies I will go ahead with the conversion course and buy the products...

I guess I may offer my friends and family a set for free as it's practice and will also be a source of advertising for me.

Latest posts

Back