Shellac and Minx Training - pre requisites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***juice***

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm currently trained to NVQ 2 in Beauty Therapy so I have my mani, pedi and nail art qualifications - I want to do my nail training but I'm currently working full time and studying for a degree in Business Studies so waiting to finish that before moving on to the next thing.

I'm registered with S2 and have ordered some Minx and had a play, I've been looking at Shellac too but unsure if I'm able to order this as I don't have any qualifications in gel or acrylic. I've had a look on the S2 site and I can't get the search function to work on SalonGeek this rubbish old computer, but I'm sure this question will have been asked before!

Basically, I just want to know what the pre-requisites are for doing Minx and Shellac training? And if anyone can point me in the right direction of where to find more info I'd be really grateful.

Hi if you contact Welcome - Sweet Squared they are the UK distributors and educators for Shellac & Minx. They are lovely people and will advise you what you need to do.

I sent off my certificates (scanned them & emailed them direct) and they came back to me with a my ID number etc.

HTH
Fiona :)

ooh forgot to say! Once you have your Mani/Ped certs you should be good to go! tc x

Hi, thanks for that, I'm already registered with S2, I just wondered if there's any training I need to do before I can use Shellac or if it's just a case of getting some and giving it a go?

I've got the Minx training video from Gigi but I also wondered if there's any official training I should do?

Hi Juice - you don't have to do a course with either Shellac or Minx, but I would defo recommend it as it really does help with any queries your clients have!
I have been Shellac-ing since July last year and one of lovely clients kept picking hers off! So I found going to a Shellac Attack really helped me understand and put my client straight!!

So you can order straight away both Minx and Shellac - give them a go and if you are having any troubles then book on Attack courses - they run in your local area all the time and are only a few hours but really worth it especially if you need to iron out any problems.

Also there are groups on SG that you can join and the support here is phenomenal! I love it!!

Take care
Fiona x

Oooh, exciting! I thought I'd read somewhere when Shellac first came out it would be for enhancement-trained techs only but if that's not the case then that's brill for me - I'll look into the training with S2 but might have a bit of a play first! I sense my bank balance being drained and hours of my life being lost on this one :green:

Latest posts

Back