Shellac application-full manicure or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashaRose

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :). ( first post please be gentle !)

I've recently qualified as a nail technician and have take my gel course and so on. I've looked into insurance - have settled on babtac - and am all good to go on the mobile front !

Have a question about shellac manicures , I am adamantly that I want to offer shellac to my future clients and have already spoken to s2 and am now just awaiting the information on the most local course on me to start with them ! But I've seen two different variations and despite tons of searching , I can't find which is right ?

A lovely lady down the road from me runs a small salon from home and offers a shellac manicure which involves the full works, file , soak , cuticle treatments massage then shellac
Another lady who is mobile offers a shellac manicure but only does the p.e.p stages with scrub fresh and then the shellac application.

Both offer the treatment as a shellac manicure and both charge the same price )£24)

So do you perform a full manicure massage and all or not ???

Thanks in advance ! Xx

I offer shellac with PEP and don't soak. My process is cuticle work, file, deactivate cuticle away, scrubfresh then onto base and colour and top coats. Finish off with solar oil

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm qualified in OPI gelcolor. If a client asks for a full manicure with massage, I do the cuticle work, file and buff then do the colour. After I do the skin exfoliation, massage then cream and cuticle oil. The only bit I miss out is the nail soak at the beginning xx

I was taught on my CND course that you never soak with CND Shellac, always perform PEP then apply CND Shellac, if a client wants a Spa Manicure or Spa Pedicure then perform after. If you soak in water, the nail will take on that water and compromise the manicure or pedicure. Xx

You can offer both - Shellac application, and charge a certain amount and then a manicure with or withouth shellac. When doing a full manicure with shellac do the PEP first then soak, then massage so the nail doesn't soak up the water - we can still have baths with Shellac after all :) x

sorry meant PEP, then shellac application, then the rest of the manicure...

Thanks ladies
So there should be ok manicure prior to it . And if you perform the manicure then you do the shellac polish first ??

So can I advertise thy process ( no manicure included ) as a shellac manicure for one price and then offer another treatment as a full shellac manicure perhaps and just advice that that includes the full works ? Xx

Hi Carly ! That was the same line I was working on but blooming predictive text and all! Lol half of it came out wrong but I knew what I meant ha !

So PEP , shellac , preform the rest with the almond manicure set , massage , solar oil -

Or just a standard shellac application with PEP , shellac , solar oil?

Does anyone have a guide on price ? The only two I've seen locally are the the 2 mentioned that charge the same amount for two different treatments ? X

I don't give a full manicure, I do the Shellac Service with Prep and a little hand cream at the end with the solar oil to finish!
If they want the works, they can add Shellac to my other Manicure/Pedicure Services for +£5 or more depending on the price of the service :)
Xxx

Hi Carly ! That was the same line I was working on but blooming predictive text and all! Lol half of it came out wrong but I knew what I meant ha !

So PEP , shellac , preform the rest with the almond manicure set , massage , solar oil -

Or just a standard shellac application with PEP , shellac , solar oil?

Does anyone have a guide on price ? The only two I've seen locally are the the 2 mentioned that charge the same amount for two different treatments ? X

Yes that's right. I wouldn't advertise just the Shellac as a manicure as it's not really, I would advertise it as "full set Shellac" or something along those lines and then describe that it includes cuticle work, shape and application of shellac with solar oil and hand cream...and like someone else said, perhaps on the advertisement for the manicure you can say "add Shellac for just £xx" hope that helps :) x

re pricing, I used to do a set of shellac for £20, say you charged £20 for your manicure, you could do both for £30? x

Can I just ask with the adding hand cream to the normal shellac ( no manicure ) would you apply the polish remove the finally top coat sticky layer then hand team followed by solar oil ? Or the other way around?

I'm doing my shellac course next week and am already trained in manicure, but was wondering if people do want a full manicure with their shellac application? Or do you find people simply want the shellac application? I will be deciding on what services to offer and just wondered if people get clients wanting the full works or are they mainly interested in just shellac? Do you get many requests for luxury manicure such as the CND almond or citrus spa manicures?

Any advice is appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back