Shellac Cerulean Sea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velevetcu

Reaction score
Just opened mine to use on a client and it's really thick and stringy with little lumps - is it a dodgy one?

Firstly, did you clean the brush before you used it? It's shipped with a glue stuff on it to protect the brush in transit and it'll leave a git like substance if you've not.

Secondly did you give it a really good long shake? I was surprised how much thicker this colour was than some of the other the new ones of late, they've been pretty thin!

If you've done all that then I'd contact your supplier on Monday and ask their advice.

Karaxxx

Mines really thick to and know 2 other techs saying the same thing, even after brush clean and good shakes.

Mines a bit gloopier than the others but no "bits" ... where did you lot hear about cleaning the brush after its been in transit? I've done the Shellac training but nobody told me that! Learn something on here every day x

Yea I was told to clean the brush with every new bottle of shellac

Mines a bit gloopier than the others but no "bits" ... where did you lot hear about cleaning the brush after its been in transit? I've done the Shellac training but nobody told me that! Learn something on here every day x

LOL I think I read it on here Blossom when I wanted to find out why I kept getting gritty bits. Tried it and "bobs your uncle" problem solved :)

Karaxxx

Yea I learned about cleaning the brush on here as well - one of the brushes I had was stiff and non-spreading so I posted the problem and that was the reply. I do it with all my brushes now as a matter of course when I receive new colours.

I had to send back 4 bottles of this colour as the brush hairs were coming out as I cleaned the brush, thankfully my fifth bottle is fine. The faulty ones were also so much thicker, even after a minute shake each, plus the brushes would remain stiff no matter how much I cleaned them with IPA. I love the colour but it's been a lot of hassle to get it sorted. I would contact S2 if that's where you got it from, they told me no one else has complained about this colour so I must have just been unlucky! Xx

I didn't know about brush cleaning. I did get it from s2 so I'll give them a call tomorrow but maybe it is just thicker than the others.

What so you suggest cheaning the brushes with? Many thanks x

Latest posts

Back