Shellac chipping away from the tips of acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashTurps

Reaction score
Still confused as to why shellac is peeling away from the tip area when it is applied over acrylic? I am capping the ends as you should and top coating fully with cnd xpress top coat. Advice would be appreciated.

Shellac isn't a very strong gel since its meant to be taken off fast when it comes to removal after 2 weeks.
Also are you curing it with the CND led light?

All else, youre probably better off using a cheaper brand since they can sometimes adhere a bit better, even though they are not properly cured. Just make sure to not come into contact with the gel filings.

Yes all the products we use at the salon is cnd including the lamp. So it’s not something we can exactly change instantly. Do you think maybe I am over buffing at the tip area which is causing the shellac to come away?

Yes all the products we use at the salon is cnd including the lamp. So it’s not something we can exactly change instantly. Do you think maybe I am over buffing at the tip area which is causing the shellac to come away?

Yes it is possibly over buffing. I finish with a 180 grit before applying gel polish

Latest posts

Back