Shellac Contra Indications Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpedicures

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have recently started doing Shellac. I have a client who would like it on, she has lung cancer and I am worried. She has told me its fine, shes happy to have it on.

I have looked on the CND site where I was told "just for pro's" section will have information on Contra indications for Shellac but I can't find anything.

I would really like to know of any contra indications to the product anyway,I am just going on the usual ones for other nail treatments that I provide.

Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks :|

hi hun

my sis has breast cancer and i shellac her nails no problem. As far as I'm aware and i have checked on here before, cancer is not a contraindication for shellac.

The only thing to consider is if you end your shellac with a massage. As massage would be a contraindication unless you have been specifically trained to massage people with cancer.

If you are concerned check with your insurers though i can't see why they won't cover you for a shellac application.

I wrote on my business blog recently about the power of a manicure for cancer patients. My sis lost her hair just before Christmas and i shellaced her nails and toes and the lift she got was amazing. Scratch magazine also ran a fabulous article on it too a couple of months back.

My sisters nails haven't been great since her chemo, but we've still shellaced them and they've still lasted well.

Love n hugs x x o

I would have thought if she's having chemotherapy that you should ask for a doctors note to say if she's ok to have this treatment, some say no excess chemicals near the body.
Check directly with S2, ring them, to ask for specific Shellac contraindications if you can't find them on the website...:)

I was told by my insurers that Dr's note needed so i would speak with your insurer to be sure :)

Thank you all for your feedback.

Happy Feet, Rrrrrr I do hope your sister wins her battle. I do feel so sorry for clients who have any form of cancer, as they really need pampering but most of the time they are unable to have it carried out.

I have a couple of clients who have won their breast cancer battle, the treatment is very effective.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts. X

Latest posts

Back