Shellac cracked!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EgitaN

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently done Shellac french manicure with Romantique and Studio white and in 3 days time this lady texted me that the polish has cracked and especially on her left hand. I am trying to understand why. I applied two thin layers of Romantique and two layers of Studio white on tips. I also found out that the as lady works in office she has a habit to rest her left hand against her cheek which has dark makeup foundation on. Can this cause her Shellac manicure to crack? And if yes, how can I explain professionally the service breakdown. Your help will be very appreciated.

If she's applying force to the free edge of the nail, her natural nails will flex. Over time, this causes Shellac to crack at the pressure point... I think you've sussed it with her leaning on the left hand, but I doubt it has anything to do with the foundation she wears.

Xxx

If she's applying force to the free edge of the nail, her natural nails will flex. Over time, this causes Shellac to crack at the pressure point... I think you've sussed it with her leaning on the left hand, but I doubt it has anything to do with the foundation she wears.

Xxx

I agree with everything VerdyPurdy says...but adding to this that she may not notice it with darker Shellac colours but with the colour choice being so light, once the nails have cracked (as above) her make up might be going in the cracks (as she's rubbing her hands on her face) making it look more obvious.

Thank you for your replies. It makes sense now. The cracks are more noticeable in zone 2 which is possibly more affected if pressure is applied on the free edge. Also the free edge with Studio white is slightly discolored. The lady has dark skin tone and her makeup foundation is matching, that`s why I was thinking about the foundation being a cause for it.

I have had my own shellac crack a couple of times but my nails are extremely thin and flexible. I guess shellac will bend with the natural nail and can cause a crack. Probably nothing you have done here just one of those things!

Have you tried her with the Brisa lite smoothing gel underneath? x

Have you tried her with the Brisa lite smoothing gel underneath? x

Well that's the paradox, as the lady has strong natural nails and they are far from ones which would need BL Smoothing. But I can always try if it makes a difference. Thanks for an idea!

Well that's the paradox, as the lady has strong natural nails and they are far from ones which would need BL Smoothing. But I can always try if it makes a difference. Thanks for an idea!

Ahh must have missed the part about strong natural nails. In that case I'm stumped. But you never know, the gel may do it. Good luck ! :) xx

Latest posts

Back