Rich chocolate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L777M

Reaction score
Hi - I have a new client who wants a rich chocolate brown full head tint to cover mainly virgin hair with a small percentage of grey.
She has some outgrown blonde which she wants covering which can be seen just to the left hand side of the photo.
I have used LK 5.23 cocoa with 6% on someone else but they had a cool skin tone. This lady has a pale complexion but high skin colour on the cheeks of her face. Could anyone suggest a suitable colour which would work well and cover the old blonde which I am surmising is tint rather than bleached highlights and give her the rich chocolate she is after whilst covering the grey too?

Thanks for your time and advice - Laura

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-06-25-16-57-20.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-06-25-16-57-20.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 31
Hi - I have a new client who wants a rich chocolate brown full head tint to cover mainly virgin hair with a small percentage of grey.
She has some outgrown blonde which she wants covering which can be seen just to the left hand side of the photo.
I have used LK 5.23 cocoa with 6% on someone else but they had a cool skin tone. This lady has a pale complexion but high skin colour on the cheeks of her face. Could anyone suggest a suitable colour which would work well and cover the old blonde which I am surmising is tint rather than bleached highlights and give her the rich chocolate she is after whilst covering the grey too?

Thanks for your time and advice - Laura
If she's got high colour, cool tones will suit her, it'll distract from her red / pink face.
Definitely don't add warmth to the hair :)

Ha good point, thankyou!
So do you think the LK Cocoa would still be a good choice for this lady, think I am worried it may look too flat and not rich enough for her - appreciate your advice, I can be a bit colour underconfident sometimes, I trained in the mid 80's - oh if perms came back I would be flying - I was fab at perming !!

Ha good point, thankyou!
So do you think the LK Cocoa would still be a good choice for this lady, think I am worried it may look too flat and not rich enough for her - appreciate your advice, I can be a bit colour underconfident sometimes, I trained in the mid 80's - oh if perms came back I would be flying - I was fab at perming !!
What is the numbering system for LK? I'm not familiar with it sorry :/

Tbh I am not familiar with it myself, I used it on a training day for a model upon the teachers guidance. I have used Viton S, Kholeston or Luxury mainly in the past.
I would say this lady is a 6 base possibly a 5.
Do you have a rich chocolateyou would recommend?

Tbh I am not familiar with it myself, I used it on a training day for a model upon the teachers guidance. I have used Viton S, Kholeston or Luxury mainly in the past.
Do you have a rich chocolateyou would recommend?
I love koleston, and for this lady I'd probably use 6/17 on the roots and colour touch 6/71 on the ends where its lighter.
How do you get on with luxury? I tried it a few times and not one shade turned out how we expected it to :/

Do you have one you would recommend?
This was the LK result from mixing a base 6 with LK 5.23 With 6% - this lady was much greyer and I did foils
I love koleston, and for this lady I'd probably use 6/17 on the roots and colour touch 6/71 on the ends where its lighter.
How do you get on with luxury? I tried it a few times and not one shade turned out how we expected it to :/
Thanks so much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it, I’ll look at doing that.
The wholesaler promotes Luxury saying it’s good value ie, larger tube, and environmentally friendly, it seems ok but not in the same league as Kholeston which I have always understood to be the preferred Go to brand for colourists, I was trained on Clynol Viton S.

Do you have one you would recommend?
This was the LK result from mixing a base 6 with LK 5.23 With 6% - this lady was much greyer and I did foils

Thanks so much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it, I’ll look at doing that.
The wholesaler promotes Luxury saying it’s good value ie, larger tube, and environmentally friendly, it seems ok but not in the same league as Kholeston which I have always understood to be the preferred Go to brand for colourists, I was trained on Clynol Viton S.
I've never used clynol :/

Latest posts

Back