Shellac cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scentsations

Reaction score
Advice needed please. I have a client who loves wearing shellac but it starts to crack due to a couple of nails bending and curling as they grow. I have been keeping the nails short and seems to last much better but she likes to have a bit of length. Would a hard gel overlay then shellac on top stop this from happening. Any advice greatly appreciated.

94 views and no replies. Will try somewhere else.

Hiyas

I use nsi hard gel, I've tried doing a overlay as have 2 clients who have problems with shellac/uv gel and one it works for one it didn't, I would say just give it a go, or maybe try 2 topcoats that might help, I've read a couple of people have tried that for various reasons and its helped.

A hard gel overlay would help, however from what you have said, her nail may curl away from this aswell in time, but a simple removal , shortening of natural nail and reapplication would remedy this. Hth's

94 views and no replies. Will try somewhere else.

Not everyone will have an answer to your question, you cant shoot people down in flames for not replying to you and say you'll go elsewhere.

Shellac isnt suitable for everyone, some people's nails just aren't strong and healthy enough for it. I'm one of those people who cant wear shellac on my natural nails, but I love shellac, so I wear l&p enhancements with shellac over them. I would suggest this as a solution to your problem.

I have been using Shellac for 2 years now and have never experienced it cracking on any of my clients. There is also so many threads on here about Shellac that some geeks dont reply because your answers are already on here. This is maybe why you never got replies Hun 😊 don't take it to heart x

Yes, if it was me I would try a hard gel enhancement under the Shellac, however I also have Young Nails Mani Q Natural Nail Builder Soak Off Gel (the one that comes in the tub) I sometimes use this under certain clients that want Shellac but need a bit extra strength. Hope this helps xx

Last edited:
I too have some clients that Shellac doesn't work with and use a hard gel with Shellac on top.

Would fiberglass add the strength you need?

Latest posts

Back