Shellac cured in bottle with the sun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Hi Geek's

I went to someone's house yesturday to do some shellac, we did it in her conservatory. What silly me didn't realise was that because it was so warm in there, my large bottle of Top coat shellac started to cure itself or something like that, the brush has all gone hard and inside like a white colour. I'm so annoyed what a waste of money.

Does anyone know if it can be saved or shall I just throw it away.

Also I have got some Brisa Top coat to I had to use that, over some other Shellac, Is this ok to use. It did seem fine and also felt a bit stronger. :rolleyes:

Any ideas appreciated

Gel will cure because of the UV in the sun. I think you can through your bottle away now.:mad:
You used the brisa over the Shellac, that is oke but you can not soak the brisa of you must file this of. Shellac is a soak off and the brisa not.

good luck:!:

Thank you for posting this, great info for all us 'shellackers'!
We are in a salon with only front window space but good to be on the careful side!!

Don't worry you're not alone, I did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago, I just never thought it would cure that easily but it was really sunny lol x

What a nightmare will not be doing that again.x

Latest posts

Back