Shellac French client with problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Good Morning Oh Geeky Ones,

I have a client who comes to me for French Shellac in the following way: base x1, Beau x1, Cream Puff French x1, second Beau x1, Top coat.

I did her nails 2 weeks ago and a couple of days later she showed me that a section of the French had come off on her right index finger whilst the rest of her nails were fine. I redid that nail and this morning (we share a school run) she showed me that the index and middle fingers on both hands have done the exact same thing (see attached photo of my stubby nubs where I have highlighted the areas which have come off).

Her comment was, "I was wondering if it was something to do with your lamps." I know it is not my lamps and said so and it interests me that it is bilateral and on her two most used nails. She is a very busy mum/housewife of three. The chipping is pretty consistent and neat across the four nails altogether whilst the rest of her nails are absolutely fine.

Usually her French manicures last well and I am not having this issue with other clients.

Attachments

• Stubbynubs.jpg
    Stubbynubs.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 229
I had this happen to my own nails. The culprit was "Cillit Bang" mousse!
It was the same area you have highlighted as this is where the cilit bang touched my nails and dissolved it.

It does look like it could be an external product she is coming into contact with dailye.g., hair mousse, cleaning products?

If none of your other clients are having this problem id say its more than likely her aftercare.
Are they longer than what she would be used to? What I've noticed with some of my clients is that with wearing gelish they can grow their nails a bit longer than normal before they would break (I'm not saying huge long claws) but just more of a free edge than usual, it could be that she's not used to her nails being longer.
Or ask her to sit and think of exactly what she was doing before they chipped I'm sure the reason will be there :) (its stressful though) xxx

if you are having no problems with anyone else then it suggests something te client is doing or that shes just heavy handed. have you tried 2 x top coat to give her a bit of added strength?

Thank you ladies, Yup I am pretty certain it is not a product/application fault.

No her nails are not particularly long and because it is so uniform on the same two prominant fingers on both hands, just leads me to believe that this is the way she is using her hands.

I honestly don't think she follows any aftercare. It is just not nice to see my work do that and my clients tend to be able to go beyond two weeks with no chipping.

Latest posts

Back