Shellac French staining

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricaLaw

Reaction score
Just got a shellac French manicure Friday and Saturday the French portion started turning brown. I don't smoke and I haven't used any cleaning products. The only thing different that I've done is used Argan oil on my hair. Should that cause the discoloration?

This is how they look today

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 50
I would suspect it's the oil, it's only on the tips so it's got to be something they are being exposed to. If it was all over then it would be a top coat issue. This is the typical pattern seen with things like new jeans, food colours (specifically curry/tumeric/etc.) newly dyed hair, etc.

Have you tried swiping over them with acetone to see if it removes any of the colour. You might need to lightly buff, too, but I suspect whatever has dyed them as soaked into the natural nail underneath too so it will be hard to remove.

If you had the new Xpress5 too coat applied I would say it's that and was possibly applied a little too thickly. This happened the first time I applied it on a French

Latest posts

Back