Shellac & Gelish (CND/Nail Harmony) at the ExCel beauty show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
I soooooo can't make up my mind which brand to go for but am going to the excel beauty show sun SO EXCITED

Are they doing any deals do you no? Is it VAT free

I want to literally buy lamps & colours or a start up kit whatever I need really to start me up & get me going. This is where I will be spending most of my £££ Sunday

Is everything VAT free??

How do you make a decision LOL

Also hoping the Konad guys are there want to buy some plates but don't want to go mad if there aren't desks happening & I can buy what there offering any time

No its not all vat free, i believe nail harmony are doing vat free and a free gift if you spend over £100, not sure what deals they have on lamps if any, S2 do not announce their deals which are always really good until the day of the show however i would bear in mind that the shellac packages that are on the s2 web site are amazing value if i was starting up i would defo go for the love shellac one with 2 lamps and 40 shellac colours!, it is a complete bargain!! x

As I'm not a nail tech yet I can't have a look on S2 at the deals being offered :-(

Hopefully at the show good deals will be had then

Harmony usually do VAT free (or 20% off) including their lamps.

According to another thread "this year Sweet Squared will be requiring customer numbers or verifying accounts", so you will presumably need to register an account with them before you go to the show??

I know its not easy to slow down when you want to buy everything, but if I were you and still unsure of what to buy, I would use the show for research only and not be seduced by the offers. Go with naked nails and try a few different brands perhaps Shellac, Gelish, OPI GelColor, Gelicure, Polish Pro, Geleration and ACG. Take notes on how they are applied, how long it takes etc. Watch how they wear over the next couple of weeks and remove them yourself individually to see how they come off. You can then make an informed decision.

You may save a few pounds at the show, but a hasty decision could cost you more in the long run.

JL I can't register as I haven't done a course yet so I won't be able to buy anything :-(

I have shellac all the time not tried gelish I use OPI myself when doing my nails at home

No just OPI lol

According to another thread "this year Sweet Squared will be requiring customer numbers or verifying accounts", so you will presumably need to register an account with them before you go to the show??

Sorry to hijack, what thread did you read this on hun? (had a quick scan and can't find it) Do you think I should make a note of my customer number and take it along with me then? xxx

According to another thread "this year Sweet Squared will be requiring customer numbers or verifying accounts".
Ooh this is good to know, I shall make sure I have it saved on my phone ready as I can never remember it off the top of my head lol.

When I went last year I only took £30.00 with me as I used it purely as an informative visit, I was unsure which brand I wanted to use in anything so it was fab to know I couldn't make rash decisions.
I did however buy a trial Konad kit to play with and still only used it on myself lol.

This year I've circled my paper map with all the stands I want to visit, checked out any deals I can before hand, I've got an idea of what I'm wearing, my bag is ready with ticket and paperwork in and now I'm counting down the days :)

This one is the first my fellow level3 students will have been to and I know they will walk in in awe like I did last year lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

No its not all vat free, i believe nail harmony are doing vat free and a free gift if you spend over £100, not sure what deals they have on lamps if any, S2 do not announce their deals which are always really good until the day of the show however i would bear in mind that the shellac packages that are on the s2 web site are amazing value if i was starting up i would defo go for the love shellac one with 2 lamps and 40 shellac colours!, it is a complete bargain!! x

Wow!!!! I have never seem that kit before!! Oh man now I want it!!

How much is the kit just out of interest??

I so need to crack on with my manicure/pedicure course in March so that I can register on S2 etc & see the cost of everything

Was so looking forward to buying loads to do with nails sun :-(

So glad to hear the above at last we all pay out so much for our education and then at the shows, anyone is can buy the products. I would strongly advise you to get your manicure and pedicure courses done, I would also recommend you train with S2 in Shellac also. Training is invaluable.

That was the plan Jo if I decided to go down the shellac route which i 100% am

I know the ques are massive at the show especially for CND that's going to slow things down majorly with the checking I'd imagine

If this is the case though I may as stand clear of the CND stand & not waste hours queuing to find out I can't buy anything LOL

STILL gutting though this was the main reason I was going.

If this is the case though I may as stand clear of the CND stand & not waste hours queuing to find out I can't buy anything LOL

STILL gutting though this was the main reason I was going.

I would still go if I were you and use the day for research. Get everything applied to your nails by the experts and then make your choice. Other shows will be just around the corner.

Presumably you have confirmation of your course in march? Perhaps if you printed that off you could take it with you? You may still not be able to buy anything but I'm sure they'd happily talk to you about prices and products! And you never know, it may be enough for them to let you buy!

Definitely still go - the atmosphere is fantastic and you will enjoy looking round at all the different products and options! xx

I would definetly say if your not sure which brand you want to go for, go purely for research.

After I qualified in 2008 I went to pro beauty every year, (hadn't started my business then) I used to buy things that i would need in my salon when I do start up.

I did buy a lot of brands which are sitting around because I will never use them, and I think it was a waste of money.

Once you have chosen your brand your focused and it saves a lot of money.

I trained with EzFlow and I like their products, so only need to pick up few bits, that I really need.

I use Nubar too.

Then I discovered CND!

Done my shellac course and that's what I'll be concentrating on when I go to the show.

My salon has been opened from dec 2012, and my clients love Shellac.

I'm trained in l&p & gels, but I don't get many clients for that. But I'm still going to buy the bits I need for those systems, in case a client wants them.

I'm planning to phase out the two brands I use, and go do my conversion for l&p & gels with CND, but right now as I have the other brands I will make use of them, no point throwing them out when they are working.

Really worth researching before spending lots on things you'll never use.

Latest posts

Back