Shellac hearts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayniebabes

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388620054.235589.jpg
A client has sent this picture, just checking with u lovely geeks what is the easiest way of doing them! Would I just base coat, clearly pink coat, then wildfire but carve out the heart before curing? Or is there an easier way? X

View attachment 51676
A client has sent this picture, just checking with u lovely geeks what is the easiest way of doing them! Would I just base coat, clearly pink coat, then wildfire but carve out the heart before curing? Or is there an easier way? X

This "is" the easy way ;)
Use a small gel-brush an a lint free pad damped with scrub fresh to clean the brush while your creating the negative heart.

I haven't tried this myself, however I think clearly pink would be too insipid underneath
It might look better if you used 'rose bud' or r'omantique' to give more of a contrasting heart.

Clearly pink would be perfect for this style of nail art. It's called "negative space" so the heart needs to be clear. Also, always clean your brushes using isopropyl alcohol when carving Shellac as Scrub fresh contains acetone and can cause service break down.

The way you described is perfect though.

If I'm doing something like this I use dsperse in a dappen dish, dip my brush in gently remove excess on a lint free wipe (I use wax strips) then make my shapes/line.. Clean on wipe, dip again into dapper dish and repeat till I have desired design. I never use scrub fresh, but this is just my way.

Great thanks geeks! I now have the right term too 'negative space' :)! X

Latest posts

Back