Shellac is amazing!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccycake

Reaction score
Hi
I just wanted to share - I got my starter set of Shellac polishes, base/top coats, and my new CND lamp today. I couldn't wait to try them out!

I have always steered away from gel/l&p services due to them not fitting into my natural/organic treatments (well as natural and organic as possible).
As a result of this I have always done natural nail manicures and pedicures, and love doing these........but.....the polish drying problems!! - clients smudging and budging polish before they have got out the door - usually because they are in a hurry and won't wait until everything has dried properly. Fluffy socks on in winter...into boots, then wondering why fluff has stuck to their toes!

I've just done my own fingers and toes with Shellac and i'm absolutely amazed at how easy the system is - I have tried coloured gels before and wasn't at all impressed with them - I found them gloopy, sticky and limited colours.
Shellac is different though as although it is cured in the lamp it looks like polish - not thick gel - it also applies like a polish with a teeny bit more workability I think, and because it is so quick to soak off with the wraps it makes it ideal for my natural nail clients as there is no buffing.
I think I may find it hard to go back to using ordinary polishes after seeing the results on my fingers and toes.

I am also really pleased with the lamp , the 2 trays one for fingers and one for toes mean there is lots of room for a foot in there and the opening is big enough not to bump the toenails when putting a foot in it.

Anyway I just wanted to say how pleased I am with the system so far, and if anyone offers natural nail services and is wondering about the Shellac I would say go for it! - I just need to save and get more colours!

Choccy x x x

I so agree with you an all accounts. I just got my Shellac order last night and it was put straight onto my nails, love it. Love the feel of it, the workability, the high shine. Well impressed.

I got mine on monday and have to say I feel the same way :) I love the lamp - so easy to use and looks so 'space shippy' lol if you know what I mean.

Dont forget to have a look at the Shellac Lovers group on here!

Im SOOOOOO jealous!!! Mine should be here tomorrow....uess what I will be dedicating myself to Sat after work???!!?! S.H.E.L.L.A.C!!! Shellac-ing myself any any one who comes through my front door!!!:green:

For the first time since I got my Shellac I've managed to keep it on for two whole weeks. Not because there was anything wrong on previous attempt, but because I want to change colour!

I've had it on two weeks and it's still really shiny. It's grown out a bit. Worn a little on the ends of the nails, but no chipping, peeling or anything.

Saw a client at choir this evening who has had hers on 3 weeks and the same, not a chip of peel to be seen. She should have had it taken off before now, but I've had an op and not been working this week. But she was there showing everyone how fab it looks. Good advertising.

shellac.... seeing is believing! :hug:

Wait til you start playing around with the colors. I put Iced Coral over Black Pool...it created a beautiful shade of blue/green. It's just like playing in makeup!

gr8nailz-albums-shellac-picture37834-bored-decided-play-around-bit.jpg

Saw a client at choir this evening who has had hers on 3 weeks and the same, not a chip of peel to be seen.

My mom has had Iced Capuccino on her nails for A MONTH with no peeling or chips, just regrowth. I LOVE SHELLAC!!!!!:Love:

If you ain't Shellac'in .... You just ain't happn'in! :green:

If you ain't Shellac'n...GET Crack'n!!!
I cannot say what it has done for my business. I am a 17yr veteran in the nail biz and I have a full schedule as it is but, since the world has caught on. We are out of our minds busy!! I have had to add another day just to accommodate the new market. I've heard stories that shellac has restored business and brought them out of the hole into the black again. I must say.... oops you've done it again..:) !!CND!! way to rock my world...again and again!!!! And again. The industry truly owes you gratitude for not only pushing the industry forward with killer innovation but HITTING out of the park every time. Keep up the good work and thank you!! Get Shellac'n!!!

So true, I was using a poor substitute and getting frustrated I've switched and can't believe the difference! I'm so a convert! :)

Its arrived!!!! Its arrived OMG IITS ARRIVED! I cant wait to Shellac my nails....gutted now I agreed to have a girlie night in after work tonight....will have to bore them all with my fab news!!!

As I already said, mine arrived earlier in the week so did my own. But even better news today - got to do my first Shellac on a paying customer. So fab. Even put a wee bit of nail art on the top when I finished. Looks so fab - lllllloooooovvvvveeeee iiiiiittttttt x:)

Shellac is making up for the loss of my enhancement clientele to the local NSSs. But more than that, the product is just so revolutionary. I just love it!

Wait til you start playing around with the colors. I put Iced Coral over Black Pool...it created a beautiful shade of blue/green. It's just like playing in makeup!

Oh this look amazing!!! please tell me how you did it..... i would be worried about mixing colors on the brushes. how many coats of black did you do??

Oh this look amazing!!! please tell me how you did it..... i would be worried about mixing colors on the brushes. how many coats of black did you do??

I am also interested in how you have done this xxx

After I cured 2 coats of Black Pool, working ONE NAIL AT A TIME, I polished the bottom 1/3 of the nail with Iced Coral. While the polish was still wet, I took my nail art brush and pulled the polish upward creating the flares. When I had the look I wanted on all the fingers, I cured it. Then finished up with the top coat.

And you don't have to worry about messing up your polishes. You completely cure Black Pool before you put on Iced Coral.

Another great look, try this same technique, but substitute Rock Royalty for Black Pool. Geogeous!

Got my Iced Coral on friday it has so many different looks over the different colours, if you want to test out how it will look just put a dab on the outside of the bottle on the colour you choose to find out what colour it will make!

Latest posts

Back