Shellac ladies - have you all done the Shellac training courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy.trudylee

Reaction score
If I wanted to work with shellac do you think I should do a shellac course first (I have recently done a general gel nail course & didn't know if this would be enough)?

You don't have to but personally I would advise that you do as gel polish has a different type of prep.. I did a genetic gel polish course and then did all the shellac courses including The Master Painter and I'm glad I did. You get useful hints and tips, even if you just do the first one, shellac bring me back, tho I know this is changing soon as there doing a new educating system for shellac.

I would defo do it hun well worth it ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did the Shellac brings 'em back course as i was just about to start up. I wanted to be able to be as sure as possible that i was preparing & applying the Shellac correctly so i wouldn't have new clients experiencing problems due to my application. Also i think being able to advertise the fact you are CND Shellac trained and have a certificate to show is great for your business. The course really isn't expensive!!!

The course is £75 - very reasonable x

I did the Shellac course and feel it was definitely the way to go. If you are going to do it you need to get your bum in gear as this months Scratch mag showed the changes to the CND courses and the Shellac course is going to be two days and obviously more expensive.

The course is actually less then £75 :wink2: (£50+vat currently)

Courses are not compulsory but as others have found, they can be very helpful.

Often people in my CND Shellac classes will have been doing it a while, but many will still pick up hints and tips or realise they have not been following correct procedure.

If you are newly starting out its great to be able to get going without questioning your procedure and being able to prevent problems by not making some of the common mistakes made as a result of being shown correctly from the beginning. :D

You can find your nearest educator by checking the 'locations' section on Sweet Squared's website http://www.sweetsquared.com/Education/Locations or contact Sweet Squared directly by phone for the most up to date information- 08452106060

I did Shellac for 18 months before I did the course, I wish I hadn't been so stubborn about not doing it because I definitely learnt things on the course - like the fact I wasn't scrubbing enough with scrubfresh and my base coat was still too thick.

I'd definitely recommend doing it, it's such a small price for the reassurance that you're doing it right from that point on.

Ooopppsssss sorry! Lol x

I also did a general gel polish course and I can tell you that the "Shellac brings them back" course is well worth it!
Go for it :) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely,there's a lady that lives near me who tells me she removes shellac by filing than soaking in a bowl, WRONG! Ggrrrr

I did a course long before shellac brings them back. It really was basic even though it was an official cnd course. I have great results with my shellac so have never felt the need to do shellac brings them back but every so often I think I might but still don't get round to it. It isn't an absolute necessity but I'm sure would help especially if you have trouble with application/retention or removal.

Vicki x

I was a bit like Squidgernetball, I've been using Shellac from the first moment it came out - went along to CND London (run by Ketan), he demonstrated the product for us and some people had a "go" lol. I brought the kit, rang him a few times and when I popped in he gave me some pointers but I've always been happy and confident so didnt bother with the course as I'd been using it for a long time before it started!

I've learned so much here and from the lovely people who post on youtube too.

I'm sure that a course would help, give you confidence and get you going quickly without having to worry if you're doing it right.

Karaxxx

I've done both the Shellac brings them back and the Shellac Art & Style course. They've both been well worth it. Next step is Master Painter!

For shellac cnd wont let you buy if you havent done the training

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has that changed recently then? As you only ever had to send your normal nail training certs to buy Shellac, not your Shellac training certs.

I dont think this is correct. You can buy Shellac by opening an account with S2 but you must show proof of qualification. You cannot however do the 'Shellac Brings'em Back' course without certain CND items (UV lamp, CND Shellac colours, scrub fresh, IPA......) they send you a list once booked on the training course. Pls correct me if im wrong x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes they will. You need a manicure certificate to buy shellac from cnd - nothing more.

Vicki x

I was a bit like Squidgernetball, I've been using Shellac from the first moment it came out - went along to CND London (run by Ketan), he demonstrated the product for us and some people had a "go" lol. I brought the kit, rang him a few times and when I popped in he gave me some pointers but I've always been happy and confident so didnt bother with the course as I'd been using it for a long time before it started!

I've learned so much here and from the lovely people who post on youtube too.

I'm sure that a course would help, give you confidence and get you going quickly without having to worry if you're doing it right.

Karaxxx

Same here, with ketan many moons ago x

I haven't done the shellac brings me back course and I purchased the love shellac kit from s2.
I will definitely be doing the course, even though I have never had any issues with shellac it doesn't chip and removes perfectly every time but you can never get enough education x

Latest posts

Back