Shellac nails dry after removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynshaw

Reaction score
Hi
I have lots of clients who love Shellac,but after coming back for there second appointment to have them re polished or taken off,I have noticed the nails are quite dry and splitting, any reasons for this please,it's putting clients off as they have said about it too.
My clients haven't previously had problems with there nails, my mother-in-law has said her nails are now weak and splitting also so she doesn't want them done again either :-(

Are they using their solar oil? That will play a part in it as the solar oil is needed to keep the nails healthy.
The removal process will dry the nails out, and so will dehydration during the application. If they're not then looking after the Shellac during the two weeks between appointments, they're not going to be in the best of states.
Hope this helps x

Are they using their solar oil? That will play a part in it as the solar oil is needed to keep the nails healthy.
The removal process will dry the nails out, and so will dehydration during the application. If they're not then looking after the Shellac during the two weeks between appointments, they're not going to be in the best of states.
Hope this helps x
Thankyou for response.

what are you using for removal? Be sure to use a buffered acetone product and wrap (don't soak) the nails. The CND Power Polish Remover is the best remover i've tried, hardly any drying.

Be sure also to throughly rehydrate the nails at the end of a Shellac Appointment, and ensure the client is using solar oil at home daily. Particularly in winter explain the importance of rehydrating the nails and the drying effects of hand washing etc.

They proberly arent usinf cuticle oil even if they say they are.....lol. I always tell my clients how important it is by using this comparison. .. you wouldnt shampoo your hair and not use conditioner after or your hair will get brittle and snap etc, your nails are no different. Just because we all know how and why it is so important doesn't mean that our clients do, now about % 90 of my clients religiously use their oil daily :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't see how they can be dry and splitting from just one shellac application and removal, if they weren't at the point of splitting before they had it put on. What were the nails like before product was applied. Did any of them say they are coming to you because they can't get their nails to grow? That could be a tell tale sign that this would of happened anyway, regardless of what was on the nails. Have the nails grown to a length that they would not normally get to? Are you using CND shellac, not another type (not accusing, just a thaught) when they came back to you was the shellac picked at/chipped or intact Xx

Latest posts

Back