Shellac nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vixxnails

Reaction score
Hi I am new to shellac nails I was wondering do you have to do a course on shellac? I am qualified in gel nails and have read shellac is like gel to apply.
Also I have some nail tips that have shapes cut out (stars and hearts) how would I apply the gel overlay? Would the gel seep through the cut outs?

Hi, I did the shellac training but wish I had saved my money to be honest. If you are already doing nails you can watch the tutorials on the cnd website and youtube too, to pick up tips. x

I'd recommend doing the shellac course so you can get used to the product and how it's works.
I loved the shellac course, wasn't a waste of money at all!!

I didn't do the shellac course as I had done gel training but am now booked in to do it as there are little bits that are different to gel. Also to do any of the exciting courses on glitter, additives etc you have to have done the Shellac course first. Lastly a lot of my clients do ask about my training so I will be very pleased when i can tell them that I am trained and qualified! :)

It is not at all like a gel and nor can you use it to hold tips.

You certainly need official training, there is so much you can do with shellac. Why invest all the money in the lamp and polishes but not be able to use it to its full potential ;) x

Firstly seeing the name vixx nails threw me... Vixx is my name lol.

Secondly, if you're doing gel nails do you mean gel enhancements?
I ask because you say about gel overlays.
I assume you mean 1 phase gel enhancements - brush on gel and not 3 phase gel?
I just can't get my head around doing either on a cut out tip.

Shellac is nothing like applying a gel nail if you mean gel enhancements.
And tbh I can't think you mean gel polish as surely you wouldn't try using that as an overlay?

Deff put yourself on as many courses as products you use so you know you're getting the best out of each ..

Thanks guys ill book in for a shellac course afta Xmas and see what other course's they offer and do as many as I can. Think ill leave the tips that have shapes cut out for now x

Good luck with it all. I booked a couple of weeks ago for Leeds and earliest date was for December so I'd get them rung! X

Ok thanks ill ring them this wk then x

Latest posts

Back