Shellac, nurse's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieD

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend and shellac nail colour apart from clearly pink for a nurse to wear for work .

Hi Dixie,

What about Romantique, Negligee or Beau? These are subtle colours.

Nurses really should not be wearing it lol. The Shellac comes straight off because of the amount of washing and sterilising of their hands. The alcohol makes it peel off from the hand sanitiser

Nurses really should not be wearing it lol. The Shellac comes straight off because of the amount of washing and sterilising of their hands. The alcohol makes it peel off from the hand sanitiser

That can not be said in general, it depends on the nail quality. Sterilising hands is not possible, you can give them only a desinfection, sorry for being a weisenheimer;). True is, official it is not allowed to wear nailpolish, enhancements and so on on nails when working as a nurse. But often the bosses turn a blind eye when it is a very, very gentle colour. Square made good suggestions, I add: Powder my Nose, Grapefruit Sparkle.

I do two ladies nails that work in hospitals and they never have a problem with their shellac coming off by using hand sanitiser regularly.

Lucky them. My nurses and Dr clients would book their holiday appointment in advance because the sanitiser just killed it for them. I was in Scotland and they were all from the same hospital.

Latest posts

Back