Shellac or Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi NancySyd- do you think that the OPI is hypoallergenic? I'm allergic to gelish so I use CND on myself and wear gloves to use gelish on clients. I would love to add OPI to my stash.

I don't think that it is. They certainly don't advertise it the way Shellac does. But there is no standard definition for "hypoallergenic" so who knows?! Shellac claimed hypoallergenic based on the fact that it uses fewer and different photoinitiators than other brands and it seems that a lot of people who are allergic to other brands can use Shellac.

I think OPI combines the best of both Shellac and Gelish. It has the easy removal of Shellac (because, like CND Shellac, its base coat is hybrid), and it has the training and education, customer support, and market penetration of CND. But it has the color range and durability of Gelish - and OPI colors are iconic! OPI"s formulas are smooth and flow nicely, and all GelColor colors also come in rnp. OPI is easy to find and has a price point between CND Shellac and Gelish.

Great review, thank you [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back