Shellac over acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiepromises

Reaction score
Hey geeks,
I've tried searching but can't find what I'm after...
Is the shellac procedure the same over a set of acrylics? I know I will have done my prep before acrylic. My sister wants me to do a soak off, acrylic overlay then shellac. I'm sure I saw somewhere that we omit the base coat on acrylics?

Thanks in advance x

That's right, remove the shine and then go straight in with the shellac colour coats

Will it really not just peel off???
Sorry, I've never done a set over acrylic!
😁

You are correct.
When polishing with CND Shellac over enhancements we do not need the base coat for adhesion as CND Shellac will adhere very well to the surface without it.
We also dont need the quick removal properties in the basecoat as the Shellac is buffed off an enhancement at the point of rebalance.

So we polish direct onto our enhancement with CND Shellac colour coat x2 and finished with CND Shellac Topcoat as usual :biggrin:

Thanks guys! I'm glad I have you lot! Xx

Can I just jump in on this too? I've been asked for this too this weekend, so shall I not buff the acrylic up to a shine then? Just apply the shellac directly on top? Xx

Can I just jump in on this too? I've been asked for this too this weekend, so shall I not buff the acrylic up to a shine then? Just apply the shellac directly on top? Xx

Don't buff to a shine, you need to buff with a white block for example to get a slightly rough and not shiny surface

Ooooo ok this is on the cards for me too!!! How much will u charge? Xxx

Ahh brilliant thank you!
I'll charge full price as normal for a full set of acrylics and then an extra £10 for the shellac, a bit cheaper than normal as already there etc etc xx

Great thanks hannahbeth xxx

I charge full acrylic price and full shellac price!!! One because it's an extra 30 minutes to apply the shellac and 2 because it makes the acrylics a little tougher..

Nicola! Xxx

Latest posts

Back