Shellac over L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fake it...

Reaction score
Hi,
Some of my clients have asked if they can have Shellac over l&p during the one treatment as they like the colours, effects etc. I'm just wondering how you price for this? It seems a little steep to charge £35 for l&p then £20 for Shellac over... Or does it??
xx

To be honest with you I put them off as the whole point of Shellac is that it's long lasting but regular polish will stay on acrylics anyway. I can put a gel top coat over regular polish on acrylics for a good shine.

If they insist I charge £10. You don't need the do any prep (obviously as you've already done it) and don't need a base coat so it's only the Colour and top coat.

x

Yes I charge £10 on top.

To be honest I've found the instant dry time is so appealing still & have done a few shellacs over gel xx

I charge £10 on top of my full set price for one colour Shellac, then the 'normal price' for extras such as rockstar, art etc.

Xx

Thanks girls. Food for thought.
Karen, do you use CND products in general or just Shellac? The reason I ask is because if you do use CND then what gel topcoat can I use over polish, glitters, additives etc to create the same effects as Shellac and how do you price this?
Cheers
Alex xxx

Hi, I charge £10 for shellac over l&p. Same as others have said, I have a couple of clients who like the zero dry time, and also Shellac is much shinier than a polish even with the shiniest topcoat over it. No need for a further prep or a base coat so £10 covers your costs and makes it affordable for your client.

Thanks girls. Food for thought.
Karen, do you use CND products in general or just Shellac? The reason I ask is because if you do use CND then what gel topcoat can I use over polish, glitters, additives etc to create the same effects as Shellac and how do you price this?
Cheers
Alex xxx

No - I use NSI for everything else.

Originally had NSI Polish Pro to match this but didn't get on with it so bought Shellac and never looked back!

x

Thank you. £10 it is x

Latest posts

Back