Shellac peeled!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SerenityNailz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using shellac since December and have never had any issues with peeling or lifting until yesterday! Thankfully it was my own nails and not a clients but was wondering if anyone can shed any light.

I did my housework and cleaned the oven yesterday - using gloves! - and it was fine until I was removing normal varnish from my toes later that evening using a non acetone remover and all of a sudden I noticed my hand painted nail art was starting to peel off and that the sides on most of my nails were very soft and peeling also!

Usually my partner cleans the oven for me and I haven't done it since wearing shellac until yesterday so although I was wearing gloves I don't know if as the cleaner is so strong it somehow affected my shellac?

The other, and probably more likely cause, is I have been putting my base coat on too thick so with this set was extra careful about putting it on thin and am wondering if I maybe didn't coat near the sidewalls well enough and perhaps colour went where I hadn't base coated - I'm a bit less careful when doing my own nails I'm ashamed to say! Although if this is the case im not sure why the nail art was affected as it was in the middle of my nails and was well base coated and top coated - although it was nail art using cream puff which had bubbled slightly when cured ?I had had the shellac on since Friday with no issues until yesterday.

Your thoughts would be gratefully received!

x

I use non-acetone nail polish remover for cleaning my konad plates and stamp when applying patterns, I have to wear gloves when doing this on clients or my shellac lifts.

I use non-acetone nail polish remover for cleaning my konad plates and stamp when applying patterns, I have to wear gloves when doing this on clients or my shellac lifts.

Thanks :) I didn't think it would affect it and it hasn't done in the past but maybe my exposure to it was greater than usual - was rather annoyed as my hand painted art took me forever :-( x

Latest posts

Back