shellac pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattsl

Reaction score
Hi, I've just finished my shellac training, but now have no idea what to charge for this, my college tutor couldnt help either saying it was dependent on our area's!! I charge £20 for a classic manicure, can anyone advise what they charge. Thank you :|

The recommended charging price for Shellac is 50% on top of your normal manicure price.
In your case, 50% of £20 is £10, so your Shellac service should be £20 + £10 = £30.

Where did you do your Shellac training..? As all CND Ambassadors should know this information..?

Flower, you just beat me to it lol :)

CND advise adding 50% onto your manicure prices for a Shellac service, and the educators I've spoken to also recommend charging at least £25.

How much on top should I charge to take off the shellac x

Charging to take off Shellac is entirely up to you. I have seen prices ranging from £5 - £10.

Personally though, I think you should include removal in your Shellac prices because:
A) It keeps your Shellac manicures the same price all the time which makes it easier for you and easier for your clients.
B) If the client has already paid for their removal then they are more likely to come back for a soak off, which means you can control the possible damage to the nail if they take it off themselves and also there will be more chances of you doing a re-shellac once they come back.

This is what I do, work removal cost into my pricing, so charge the same for a Shellac service, and a re-shellac. I find it more encouraging to my clients because it appears as though they get a removal free.

For removal only, without Shellac reapplied I charge £10, including a mini mani.

I charge £10 to remove the shellac but I always do either a express standard or luxury manicure with it (the client choses) and then i charge for the manicure accordingly.. Or to soak off and reapply the shellac i charge £30..

I charge £24 for a standard shellac mani or pedi :) or £28 for a luxury one!!

Hi thanks for this information, i trained at the Beauty Accademy in Milton Keynes

Latest posts

Back