Shellac problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Lady Opal

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the proper CND lamp and do all my prep like i was taught in the course, i am shaking bottles thoroughly and applying my colours thinly.. but i sometimes have problems with clients nails chipping and with the free edge that i capped not looking capped.
I do my own nails as well and they last 2 weeks with no problems. Would the chipping be because of their own nails or how rough they are or because they are dry?
I dont push for people to buy the Solar Oil... would that help?
Also do i need to replace the polish after a certain time? will it go off?
I have only had my salon for about 6 months and i am trying to build my clientele so i havent used all the polishes that much. They are not cheep so I dont want to have to replace all if i dont need to.
Also do you have any tips on making a french tip last? i have had one client whose white tips (not all but a few) peel off, just the white part, after 3 days. I thought maybe my white was old so i have only just bought a new one.

Hi,
I have the proper CND lamp and do all my prep like i was taught in the course, i am shaking bottles thoroughly and applying my colours thinly.. but i sometimes have problems with clients nails chipping and with the free edge that i capped not looking capped.
I do my own nails as well and they last 2 weeks with no problems. Would the chipping be because of their own nails or how rough they are or because they are dry?
I dont push for people to buy the Solar Oil... would that help?
Also do i need to replace the polish after a certain time? will it go off?
I have only had my salon for about 6 months and i am trying to build my clientele so i havent used all the polishes that much. They are not cheep so I dont want to have to replace all if i dont need to.
Also do you have any tips on making a french tip last? i have had one client whose white tips (not all but a few) peel off, just the white part, after 3 days. I thought maybe my white was old so i have only just bought a new one.
I know how you feel I've had this problem with two really picky clients but on me and others it's absolutely fine!! You really doubt whether it's down to you and what you've done wrong I've been working from a year and I'm still doubting myself when I get things like my nail has chipped.. it's lifting etc!! But like you I use correct prep lamp etc... I think sometimes aftercare is a big problem.

Trust me solar oil every day will help I have clients who have proven this to me. No long soaking in hot water and no cleaning chemicals. Eventually they will stretch to two weeks even three.

Try making sure you are applying the white thinly. Perhaps it is pooling at the very edge and getting thick so it can cause chipping easier. Better to apply two thin coats, capping the free edge with white before actually painting on the tip, than one thick coat x

Trust me solar oil every day will help I have clients who have proven this to me. No long soaking in hot water and no cleaning chemicals. Eventually they will stretch to two weeks even three.
Yea i guess im going to have to try to push my selling the Solar oil more. thanks

Latest posts

Back