Shellac question - using D Sperse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sei Bella

Reaction score
I thought that I now had everything I needed for shellac, I received my lamp today (YAY!!)

However have discovered that I also need D Sperse for removing dispersement layer. I have now ordered this from s2... however was really excited and wanted to start practising and shellac my nails tonight....

So my question is what would happen if I don't do the D Sperse step?
(I should just be patient I know... lol)

Awww how annoying ! You could use alcohol , cool blue hand sanitized Woolf work but only a temp thing get some d-sperse it's fab stuff

Oh and if you didn't remove the inhabition layer they wouLd

l be dull and sticky lol

Awww how annoying ! You could use alcohol , cool blue hand sanitized Woolf work but only a temp thing get some d-sperse it's fab stuff

LOL thanks Mizzy_dizzy I was well annoyed... hahaha.
D-Sperse has been ordered so shouldn't be too long till I get it..
I've got cool blue sanitizer so maybe I will play around tonight after all :lol:

In our Shellac Attack, we were told to use 99% isopropyl alcohol...we don't have D-sperse in the US. HTH! :)

yeah you can use coolblue while youre waiting Rowena :)

all the people i intended to practice L&p and Brisa all want shellac now lol. Its addictive stuff x

The D Sperse was out of stock this morning when I placed my order for my lamp so can someone just verify what is ok to use in the meantime?

Isopropyl Alcohol has been mentioned previously, do you know where I might find some of this and oh yes don't have any cool blue as didn't have my brain in gear when I ordered!

many thanks.

Chemist would prob sell you some , and I might be wrong but I think it's airbrush cleaner? ( prob wrong lol)

Chemist would prob sell you some , and I might be wrong but I think it's airbrush cleaner? ( prob wrong lol)

Thanks.

Thought so, looked on line earlier and saw that someone like Chemist's Direct has some but they mentioned a prescription!

Hi guys

CNDs Step by Step, which can be found at cnd.com outlines the following:

Remove the sticky inhibition layer with a plastic-backed, lint-free pad soaked with 99% IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol).

NOT 92%, not 57%!!

99% IPA removes the sticky inhibition layer to reveal a shine that no other percentage can match.

Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back