Shellac removal - wraps or tin foil? What's your preference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellac removal - wraps or tin foil?

• CND removal wraps

Votes: 83 34.9%
  • Cotton wool and tin foil

Votes: 155 65.1%

• Total voters
Hello geeks!
I was wondering as my main beauty treatment room colour is hot pink i could use the bright pink hairdressing foils for gel polish removal? Wouldn't of thought the colour will alter removal at all, but just thought i better check! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I have everything lilac in my salon and tried this once with some lilac foil. DON'T DO IT is my advice. The product remover affects the colour on the foil and you will get little bits of dye on the fingers and your hands which are really hard to remove.

I bought a small hairdressing foil dispenser/cutter which sits on my desk and looks professional.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Procare-H...re_Hair_Colouring_Dyes_PP&hash=item53ed45a2e4

Whilst the remover wraps undoubtedly look much more professional, they are quite fiddly. I do like them, and do use them - but I'd love them with a little more wrap above the cotton pad, so that they'd be a bit easier to use.

Also, my really long-nailed clients seem to prefer the cotton and foil due to being able to just unwrap them, rather than the twist and pull method for removing the wraps.

Latest posts

Back