Shellac Rockstar French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mix the glitter with colour or topcoat and apply that way it eliminates any stray glitter pieces getting on the rest of the nail, having to brush the glitter after, having to apply two topcoats and having a spare topcoat just for glitters.
It saves time and money.
x

Thank you for your help very much appreciated.

I have 2 bottles of top coat one of them gets used just for the glitters.

Here's a couple I done this morning.

They look great!!

If you mix the glitter with colour or topcoat and apply that way it eliminates any stray glitter pieces getting on the rest of the nail, having to brush the glitter after, having to apply two topcoats and having a spare topcoat just for glitters.
It saves time and money.
x

The reason I do it the other way round (inhibition layer) is that I find the opaste can sometimes be rough and lumpy. I've had no problems doing it the other way, my top coat for glitters is made up of old topcoats that I couldn't get to the bottom of all siphoned off to one bottle so there's no wastage. And I find the second top coat helps the glitter stay on for longer. :)

Either way, there is no right or wrong way, it comes down to personal preference and which way you get on with.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back