Shellac Rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsupa

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm going to attempt to do rockstar on a friend later, not sure when I should apply the glitter, after the 1st layer of colour or after the 1st layer of topcoat??
Any advice would be great

I normally apply it to the sticky layer of my colour and then top coat x

You should add the glitter after curing the colour. Make sure you press the glitter down firmly and use a very finer glitter. That way, when you add the top coat it will be nice and smooth, if not you may have to add two top coats. Hope that helps. xx

I always use a similiar colour to the glitter I'm applying. Base-cure,one coat colour-cure, apply glitter with a brush and really push into nail and brush excess off, top coat-cure then to make sure nails are completely smooth I topcoat again. Here's a pic of tutti frutti with hot pink glitter HTH

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331986558.895385.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331986558.895385.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4,664
I always use a similiar colour to the glitter I'm applying. Base-cure,one coat colour-cure, apply glitter with a brush and really push into nail and brush excess off, top coat-cure then to make sure nails are completely smooth I topcoat again. Here's a pic of tutti frutti with hot pink glitter HTH

That looks great, thanks for the advice everyone :)

Hazemalone - where did you get that pink glitter?
That's exactly the look I've been after - bootiful x

Hey hun it was a 12 colour glitter set from eBay, just a cheap thing from china but came with great colours x

thank you - off to look now :) xx

Latest posts

Back