Shellac & swimming pool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hi nail lovelys, the hairdresser i work with is going on holiday for 10 days and her daughter is a keen swimmer they both want Shellac on hands & feet but will it last the duration of the holiday or will it peel away with the exposure to chlorine and sun creams/oils

Make sure you say to her that she has to carefully wash and dry her hands after using sunscreen and the swimminpool. Then she should be fine. Pink colours have a tendency to fade, because of the sort of pigment.

I swim 3 times a week and it doesn't affect my shellac. Mine can last 3+ weeks. I do look after mine though with lots of solar oil, hand creams and the cuticle eraser cream x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I was told in my training swimming,creams chlorine etc don't effect shellac,I have found pinks change colour,thinking to do with the pigments?

I have my own swimming pool and it never effects my Shellac, fingers or toes.

I do tell clients who are here on holiday to try wash there hands after swimming and watch with sun creams and insect repellent than can break it down.

Truthfully never had a problem with anyone's Shellac breaking down because of this.

I have my own swimming pool and it never effects my Shellac, fingers or toes.

I do tell clients who are here on holiday to try wash there hands after swimming and watch with sun creams and insect repellent that may break it down. Lots of Solar oil too.

Truthfully never had a problem with anyone's Shellac breaking down because of this.

Latest posts

Back