Shellac training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixielou

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a therapist but don't have any mani/pedi training and am considering doing a manicure and pedicure course. I would like to know if I did a shellac beginner course if you think this would enable me to do not only shellac mani and pedis but also 'normal' ones on the public after training or would I have to do other training in mani and pedi first. I have spoken to shellac who say the course covers everything but would like to ask your opinion and see if anyone else has any experience of this?

I had to do my manicure course first as that certificate is required to be able to book onto the CND Shellac course.

Hope this helps x

I had to do my manicure course first as that certificate is required to be able to book onto the CND Shellac course.

Hope this helps x

When did you train, as the courses have changed a lot recently.

To the op - I would ask sweet squared if you would be trained to carry out regular manicures. They won't lie to you!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You need basic mani & pedi qualification before you do the course. Are you in the UK?

It's been so long, I don't remember if I needed my mani and pedi - I may not have payed much attention as I had already had it tho. But even if you didn't need it, I never would have come out of the shellac training confident in doing salon professional manicures, and especially pedicures. From my personal experience when I did my CND Shellac training it was mostly concentrated on the nail bed and cuticles which is great - but a professional manicure and pedicure goes way further then just nails and cuticles. :)

I'm doing my shellac course in 2 weeks and I have no mani qualifications sweet square are aware of this and as its a complete beginners course it's fine! X

Mine was with Ellisons and the pre requisite is to have a mani qualification which I completely agree with as knowledge of manicures benefit a lot when doing shellac application and removal. Guess different companies have different requirements though which is a shame as it should all be the same basic knowledge and qualification to begin with x

Hi there, as was said above, the CND courses in the UK have changed recently (as they often do to keep education provision as up to date and relevant as the growing industry demands).

CND Shellac Beginners
- will qualify you to perform CND Shellac Manicures and removals. This course is designed for complete beginners who have never done nails before and have no existing qualifications.

Will you be able to do a basic manicure with just polish after this? Absolutely. Will you have the knowledge and qualification to be insured to perform a more luxury manicure and pedicure service including exfoliation and massage? No.

If you would like to offer not just CND Shellac, but a more complete natural nail care service using CND Systems, you can! :)

Follow your CND Shellac Beginners course with;
CND Spa Manicure - one day
CND Spa Pedicure - one day

..and you will be ready and able to perform manicures and pedicures from basic to luxury with polish or CND Shellac.

Good luck!

Hi, I did the CND naturally course back in May this year and it will definitely allow you to perform manicures and pedicures also. It is a 7 day course with days specifically focused on manicure and pedicure alone, including preparing the natural nail eg cuticle work, shaping etc, and performing luxury manicures and pedicures including exfoliation massage etc. Following on from that you then learn application techniques including vinylux and shellac. So it is a lot more in depth than others have said and will definitely give you enough skills to perform manicures and pedicures. Hope that helps x

Freyfrey, the CND Naturally Course was awesome, I loved it. But unfortunately it doesn't exist in that form anymore. :(

What we discovered was that here in the UK, because the difference in price and time between the education we were providing and most of what else was available, many new nail pros were missing out on the opportunity to start their careers with CND, even if that brand was their first choice, because the cost and time involved was prohibitive. Nail pros told us they needed more flexibility in education, I.e, "I want to learn CND Shellac as a beginner but don't want to do Spa Manicures or pedicures" for example. So now the education available is more modular, that is, a new nail pro can still learn everything you covered on your 7 day Nails Naturally Course, but it's broken up into separate parts so each individual can choose the right blend of services for them.
To complete the equivalent info from the old CND Nails Naturally, the following courses would be recommended;
- CND Shellac Beginners - 2 day
- CND Spa Manicure - 1 day
- CND Spa Pedicure - 1 day
- Perfect Polishing with Vinylux - 1 day

You'll see this is only 5 days, not 7. This is because we have streamlined some of the theory into home study (which students are tested on) You remember those 4 big long theory days at the start of your course? Now I loved those days, but I'm a raging geek. We found that the prospect of 4 long days of theory before even getting your hands on and products was off-putting to many new nail pros. This is the reason things have changed, not to reduce the quality of our education, but to keep standards high, while making them accessible to more people.

I'm glad the education has changed, I'm a full time mum of 4, the complete course was a dream of mine but not something I could afford to do. For me, my time and money is very precious and the fact that I can do my shellac course and then go away and gain the confidence at my own pace before saving the Money and then come back to do another aspect of training was really appealing, it's definitely a selling point as far as I'm concerned!

Wee Fee I can't find the manicure or pedicure courses? x

Hi guys

Thanks for all this useful info. Which courses in the south east would you recommend for this beginners CND training? I am not finding much information.

Thanks

If you call Sweet Squared on Monday morning they will be able to tell you which Education Ambassadors are near you and what dates they have available. 0845 210 6060

This is interesting as every time I have looked beginners have had to start with the big package. This is really good. So if I was to start with the shellac course and then do manicure and pedicure, in future would these class as industry recognised manicure and pedicure qualifications for any other training?

Do you need to purchase anything further for the shellac course?

Latest posts

Back