Shellac turning nails yellow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadexx10

Reaction score
Hi,
I have ben shellacing my mums nails now for around 3 months, after converting her from gel and her nails have turned a yellowy colour, and so have another clients, what could be causing this?
Also it seems to make nails that hard that they are brittle, I don't see how I could be doing something wrong but if anybody know of anythin that could be causing this I would really appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Jade x

I have found this too so would be interesting to see what others think :)

Very strange :-/ but with regards to the brittleness, are they using solar oil twice a day?

Would be interesting to know if someone comes out with a reason as to why. A client pointed my attention to this same issue just last night.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Mine say they use it but you never know! More interested in why they went yellow? :)

Hi,
I have ben shellacing my mums nails now for around 3 months, after converting her from gel and her nails have turned a yellowy colour, and so have another clients, what could be causing this?
Also it seems to make nails that hard that they are brittle, I don't see how I could be doing something wrong but if anybody know of anythin that could be causing this I would really appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Jade x

Hi Jade, I am interested to get to the bottom of this.
Without seeing them it's hard to say for sure, but I have seen examples where nails appear to be yellow after removal, then get yellower, and in each case it was down to Shellac UV Base coat still remaining on the nail surface after removal. The problem was solved by ensuring base coat was completely removed by scrubbing with pure acetone, d.solve or ScrubFresh, as we do during Shellac removal. Ensure all product is removed before beginning the new Shellac application.
Also, a few of these particular techs had been curing base coat for 2 minutes rather than 10 seconds or applying 2 coats of base coat in an attempt to extend the longevity of the service. (Niether of these techniques is recommended and will not extend the service.)

I found this, im sure i do remove all the base, cure for 10 mins, use dsolve, scrubfresh and dsperse. i wondered if this was due to the base having that yellowish tinge to it to start with.

Latest posts

Back