Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulina

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that Shellac is not a nail extension gel but to use on natural nails without extensions, I want to buy Shellac because of its good reputation but want longer nails than my own, what do I buy please?

shellac cant extend the length of nails but it can be used over nail enhancements, gel or acrylic are the main methods of extending nails though.

Are you a trained nail tech or looking to become one?

That's right, Shellac goes over a natural nail. You could put it over an enhancement, but you would need either gel or l&p for strength, then Shellac over the top. I haven't read your profile but you would need to do a course in either the gel or l&p and I would recommend training with Shellac too xx

I want to extend my nails myself, is Shellac for natural nails and not extensions or can I use it with tips? If I can what Shellac basics do I need to buy?

I am not loooking to train or do this on anyone other than myself, so what would you advise I buy, nail tips with Shellac gel polishes with a base coat and top coat? and the Shellac UV lamp?

Would really recommend you go to a proffessional or actually get trained, we spend a lot of time and money being professionally trained to provide safety and results. X

Hi Paulina, did you know that this is a site for nail technicians? Everyone on here has trained or is currently training in this profession. You can't just go and buy lamps and products to use from reputable sources without having had some training first.

If you don't want to train then I would recommend you find a professional nail technician in your area and make an appointment.

Nails may seem easy, but there is a lot that can go wrong if you don't know what you're doing xx

I am not loooking to train or do this on anyone other than myself, so what would you advise I buy, nail tips with Shellac gel polishes with a base coat and top coat? and the Shellac UV lamp?

If you are not going to get training and qualifications, then you won't be able to buy the products you need to do Shellac unless you get them from unauthourised suppliers. In which case, you have no idea if what you are getting is the genuine thing and could end up doing yourself more harm than good. Nor will you know the correct way to use them properly and safely. I would recommend you get the correct training, otherwise, if you want Shellac, go to a salon.

Latest posts

Back