Shop signage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateice

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am looking for some info on the above. Costings to be precise.

i am looking to get a sign writen above a shop, I do not know the exact size but was wondering if anyone has had this done and an approximate price it would be. I have not rented the shop as yet but am just trying to work out my costings and would like to factor it in.

Thanks xx

It depends what the size of the frontage is as whether you need permission (lighting etc.)

For the average sized shop you can safely factor in £1300 for a good job.

There is huge variations. What type are you after? Flat printed? Flat with transfer? Raised lettering? Free lettering (where there is no backdrop other than the wall)? Backlit? Box backlit? Front lit?

As I'm not in a typical layout salon we have a flat printed sign next to the door and the windows frosted with the salon name, you would also have to check with the council on what you are allowed. I know Chester isn't allowed any lit signage at all because of it being a historical city. ( noticed it when phones4u wanted a backlit sign and had to put a poster in the widow displaying that they were requesting planning permission for it... It was denied) xoxo

I've just had my sidn done with a matte black vinyl background and the lettering cut out as there is a light box behind the sign. They took the perspex sheet off the light box (about 12ftX2ft), took off the old vynal, replaced with new and put back up all for £90 which I thought was an absolute bargain! I had a whole new sign made once with the board and vynal lettering and backing that cost me £400 but that was a much bigger shop frontage and therefore sign! Like Tomme said, there are so many options! Raised letters can be very expensive and if you have a long name and need a new backing board on a large frontage you will be looking at around £1000 if not more. Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Hi

Thank you for your replies and info, that is really helpfull.

Do any of you know any signage companies as I have no idea where to start, I have been looking online but there are so many.

Thanks again xx

My stepdad runs his own signage company. Unfortunately we are in Gloucestershire so no where near you. My advice would be to look around and call small local businesses. The smaller companies are more likely to give you a better price.

As for quotes like the others have said it all depends what you want, the price could vary from £100 into £1000. You will also need a rough idea of the size because if you don't the quote could be way off.

Good luck xx

Thank you Stephie,

It's a shame you are not closer x

Latest posts

Back