Should I buy Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EjBeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,

For WEEKS I have been searching through old threads on here trying to decide what gel polish to buy.. but I feel more confused than before!

I have experience working with Shellac, but would actually like to try something different. At the moment, I would only be buying a full system (lamp, all prep, colours, base, top coat etc) to use on myself, and then maybe using on friends/family before perhaps starting mobile in approx 6 months.

I am really tempted to try Gelish, but have read loads of threads about it shrinking loads. For those of you who use this, do you experience shrinkage? As this is the one thing that is really putting me off - I am not the fastest nail painter (I am very particular and fussy!) and don't want to have to flash cure if i can help it.

Thoughts?

Hi all,

For WEEKS I have been searching through old threads on here trying to decide what gel polish to buy.. but I feel more confused than before!

I have experience working with Shellac, but would actually like to try something different. At the moment, I would only be buying a full system (lamp, all prep, colours, base, top coat etc) to use on myself, and then maybe using on friends/family before perhaps starting mobile in approx 6 months.

I am really tempted to try Gelish, but have read loads of threads about it shrinking loads. For those of you who use this, do you experience shrinkage? As this is the one thing that is really putting me off - I am not the fastest nail painter (I am very particular and fussy!) and don't want to have to flash cure if i can help it.

Thoughts?

HI,

anyone who is properly trained in Gelish would tell you that shrinkage occurs when the colour is applied too thickly. It only takes two very thin layers for a good coverage. usually.. :)

HI,

anyone who is properly trained in Gelish would tell you that shrinkage occurs when the colour is applied too thickly. It only takes two very thin layers for a good coverage. usually.. :)

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it :) do you/have you used Gelish? If so, what are your thoughts on it? x

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it :) do you/have you used Gelish? If so, what are your thoughts on it? x

Yes I am using Gelish. have been using it for about half year. thats how much I am doing nails so no so much experience. for some reason when I do my own nails they dont last that long. one of my customers lasts like 3 weeks.. I guess everyone is different. I am trying the gelish structure gel atm so I am hoping they are gonna last a bit longer.

I am really really happy with the training and support from the educators and the HQ too. its just great. there even is a FB group so if you have any questions just post it there and you have many many answers flying right back! :D

I havent really used any other brand so I cant be unbiased but I hope this helped you.

I personally love Gelish. Have used it for 3 years and never had a problem.
Great colour range, lasts up to 3 weeks and my clients love it.
:) x

Thanks so much ladies! I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and go for it!

Latest posts

Back