Should I cancel client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisaB

Reaction score
Hi all, not been on in ages!

I trained with CND in July / August and loved it. Since I have only had 5 clients for enhancements and after each one I didn't feel happy with my work. I do gel polish a lot but I currently only do nails on the side of a full time job. I've been rubbish at practicing because my confidence is knocked but I have a client for enhancements tomorrow. I am absolutely dreading it. I have been practicing this afternoon but nothing seems to be going right. Should I cancel her enhancements and offer gel polish then offer her enhancements when I feel a bit more confident and have practiced a bit more?

Thanks

You can't learn and improve if you don't actually do the work, and nothing beats real life clients. As long as you warn the client that you are newly qualified and they are happy then I don't see a problem. You won't get anywhere if you constantly doubt yourself, your CND Educator believes you are capable or you wouldn't have passed your course. You will not turn out perfect nails, no-one does EVER, fact! No matter how many years you work you always see faults but it's what makes us strive for better and work harder.

Get it done! :p:D

I agree with Trinity's advice. I've been qualified around a month and naturally I'm terrified with each new client I provide enhancements for. But still at the same time I love it as I know that with each set I do, my work gets better and better. Everyone wants to be perfect straight away, i know I do but I know it doesn't work like that. I always tell each client that im newly qualified and tell them that I do take a tad longer. They're always really good about it :) it's my timings that upset me and knock my confidence a bit x

You can't learn and improve if you don't actually do the work, and nothing beats real life clients. As long as you warn the client that you are newly qualified and they are happy then I don't see a problem. You won't get anywhere if you constantly doubt yourself, your CND Educator believes you are capable or you wouldn't have passed your course. You will not turn out perfect nails, no-one does EVER, fact! No matter how many years you work you always see faults but it's what makes us strive for better and work harder.

Get it done! :p:D
Thank you Trinity you are completely right! That's boosted my confidence even by you saying that. I think my brush isn't happy :( little stringy gooey pieces keep coming out of it and I cannot pick up a big enough bead . This is what is knocking me. Does it sound like I may need to invest in a new one?

I agree with Trinity's advice. I've been qualified around a month and naturally I'm terrified with each new client I provide enhancements for. But still at the same time I love it as I know that with each set I do, my work gets better and better. Everyone wants to be perfect straight away, i know I do but I know it doesn't work like that. I always tell each client that im newly qualified and tell them that I do take a tad longer. They're always really good about it :) it's my timings that upset me and knock my confidence a bit x
Thank you for your reply. I do need to just do it! She knows I'm knew to it still I have been honest with her. I think I am just so impatient with myself wanting them perfect!

Thank you Trinity you are completely right! That's boosted my confidence even by you saying that. I think my brush isn't happy :( little stringy gooey pieces keep coming out of it and I cannot pick up a big enough bead . This is what is knocking me. Does it sound like I may need to invest in a new one?

Yes, invest. Your brush is the main tool of your trade, don't scrimp on it and treat it with respect and love and it will do the same for you. You might be able to save your current one with a soak in monomer and some patience but even if you do always, always have a spare brush. No brush, no work, no clients.

No point in doing your confidence more damage with poor equipment, at least give yourself a fighting chance! Lol

Latest posts

Back