Should I have a fresh start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Iv been trying to start up a mobile beauty buisness for the last year or so now. - I finished my level 2 beauty and did a few courses with CND! Bad idea, iv now done my level 3 also and have a voluntary salon placement in a salon on a Saturday, to help get experience.

Had my price lists, buisness cards etc designed and printed.

This is, things don't seem to be going anywhere! My current name is Oh So Beautiful.

I'd love to have a premises to work from, but I have found it very hard. My Buisness cards all state mobile beauty therapist?

Do you think I should give up, re-brand and start a fresh with a new mind set etc? Try and find somewhere I can rent and see how it goes from there?idont have much support from family, so it's easier to ask on here!

Or do you think I should carry on, trying to do mobile?

Sorry for the ramble! And thanks in advance for any replies!!

Add me as a friend Shahildar boutiqu on Facebook - dunno if I'm already friends - interested in this - I may be renting space in your area soon - if all things go to plan :) x

Hi geeks,
Iv been trying to start up a mobile beauty buisness for the last year or so now. - I finished my level 2 beauty and did a few courses with CND! Bad idea, iv now done my level 3 also and have a voluntary salon placement in a salon on a Saturday, to help get experience.

Had my price lists, buisness cards etc designed and printed.

This is, things don't seem to be going anywhere! My current name is Oh So Beautiful.

I'd love to have a premises to work from, but I have found it very hard. My Buisness cards all state mobile beauty therapist?

Do you think I should give up, re-brand and start a fresh with a new mind set etc? Try and find somewhere I can rent and see how it goes from there?idont have much support from family, so it's easier to ask on here!

Or do you think I should carry on, trying to do mobile?

Sorry for the ramble! And thanks in advance for any replies!!

I've "restarted" a few times back in 2011 planning to go mobile - it never happened. I got a room eventually. And then another one in addition. Ended up with some binned business cards and leaflets but never regretted as mobile was never really the thing that I wanted to do!

Do what you feel is right for you. A couple of binned business cards is nothing compared to an unhappy beautician that doesn't take pride in what they do or where they do it xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Add me as a friend Shahildar boutiqu on Facebook - dunno if I'm already friends - interested in this - I may be renting space in your area soon - if all things go to plan :) x

Hia Hun, already got you as a friend I believe! Good luck! :) xx

I've "restarted" a few times back in 2011 planning to go mobile - it never happened. I got a room eventually. And then another one in addition. Ended up with some binned business cards and leaflets but never regretted as mobile was never really the thing that I wanted to do!

Do what you feel is right for you. A couple of binned business cards is nothing compared to an unhappy beautician that doesn't take pride in what they do or where they do it xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I think that's my problem. I don't really want to be mobile. It's just my only option at the moment! That's why I was trying to do it! I think id try more if I was in one set place, like put more into it! Xx

Do you have the funds to rent somewhere? Id say at least a couple of months rent & things you would need for your room (& personal bills) ? Just whilst you get started.

Are you currently earning? Could you manage without that money? Or could you keep on working on top of renting your room?

Id love to rent a room but the amount I'd need to earn before I'd be in the same situation as now is pretty high... Which is unrealistic when starting off.

If i had a lump sum, and knew I could cover all my business and personal bills then I'd go for it.

Im not trying to put you off, just I have personally thought it thru, and these were my only issues.

Mobile is hard, packing up, putting away and travelling times etc to take into consideration. But it isn't too hard financially.

& there is a market out there... I have no evening appointments for the next 2 weeks!

Good luck, Keep us posted :) xx

Do you have the funds to rent somewhere? Id say at least a couple of months rent & things you would need for your room (& personal bills) ? Just whilst you get started.

Are you currently earning? Could you manage without that money? Or could you keep on working on top of renting your room?

Id love to rent a room but the amount I'd need to earn before I'd be in the same situation as now is pretty high... Which is unrealistic when starting off.

If i had a lump sum, and knew I could cover all my business and personal bills then I'd go for it.

Im not trying to put you off, just I have personally thought it thru, and these were my only issues.

Mobile is hard, packing up, putting away and travelling times etc to take into consideration. But it isn't too hard financially.

& there is a market out there... I have no evening appointments for the next 2 weeks!

Good luck, Keep us posted :) xx

I work part time in a financial advisors so that would keep me going! Well done you being booked up! I just can't find the clientell in my area, everyone wants to go to a salon etc, to get out of the house time away from the kids and more reasons.

I just feel if I had a space of my own, I would put more effort into it? If that makes sense! I sort of know within myself renting isn't the best option with regards to starting up, but I feel it would be best for me? Xxx

Yes of course, I completely understand :) you will make a good go of it... As I said mobile isn't easy n you can do more customers being salon based! Perks & downsides to each xx

Latest posts

Back