Should I include removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly.Dimple

Reaction score
Hi Geeks.

I've done some research on what to charge for my area and quite a few people offer free removal in with gel polish price if having it reapplied.

I'm not sure whether to do this or not. Was thinking about charging 20 for gel polish and 25 for gel polish with removal. Or do I just charge a set price of 25 which will include removal if reapplied. Thinking this way it may be simpler?!

What do you all do?

I have factored the removal in with my prices. I do this so that people are encouraged not to pick their gels and cause damage to their nails. First time clients that don't have anything on their nails are given an aftercare sheet and a small bottle of cuticle oil to make up for the fact that I have not had to remove any product. It keeps things simple for clients too, they are more aware of the costs.

Yes I was thinking it makes it more simple. As I bet clients turn up with gel polish on their nails but expect to just pay for gel polish without removal. Like the idea of the cuticle oil. Do you use the same brand cuticle oil as gel polish?

Yes I was thinking it makes it more simple. As I bet clients turn up with gel polish on their nails but expect to just pay for gel polish without removal. Like the idea of the cuticle oil. Do you use the same brand cuticle oil as gel polish?
I don't, actually. I buy my cuticle oil from Ink London. They have some really nice options, margherita is my favourite closely followed by melon. I use the Gel Bottle gels

I charge the same for removal and redo and a brand new set, it encourages rebooking

Oh that's good to know. Ink london is my brand of choice so will be getting some their cuticle oil so will try the margarita.

Looks like including removal is the way to go.

I charge £5 extra for removal

I charge £5 extra for removal
You do alot of acrylics though don't you Cinderella71? Can I just ask you how your infill prices compare to a new set? And do you charge different prices for 2/3/4 week infills?
I'm just doing hard gels at the moment but I find 3 week infills alot more work than 2 week ones!

You do alot of acrylics though don't you Cinderella71? Can I just ask you how your infill prices compare to a new set? And do you charge different prices for 2/3/4 week infills?
I'm just doing hard gels at the moment but I find 3 week infills alot more work than 2 week ones!

Hi :)I also mainly work with hard gel btw. I have a set price for infill between 3-5 weeks, anything after 5 weeks is priced as a new set. I haven't experienced anyone coming back for an infill after only 2 weeks, that must be like heaven lol! But I do know other nail techs who have set the limit at 4 weeks, so anything beyond 4 weeks = new set price, as well as different prices depending on time passed, but tbh I haven't seen this too often around my area. I do wish my hard gel clients would come back for infill every 2 weeks though, I can imagine that would be so much less work. :) However, a few of my gel polish clients often go only 2 weeks between new polish though, but even then, most of them go 3 weeks with their gel polish. I also charge extra for removal (the equivalent to around 5 pounds like ciderella charges), no one's made any comments about it, especially as it's considered a rather low amount where I live, almost negligible to them, but adds up for me throughout the months. Sure they could go out and buy acetone and do it themselves if they really wanted to and were stingy little ladies. But they are not really the types to sit down on a saturday evening, clumsily wrapping their fingers in acetone and scraping and picking at their gel polish for an hour in a desperate attempt to get it off, when they can just pay a little extra and I'll do it for them at next appt. :p:p They can think of it this way: The first time they come, it's like an intro offer (the price of gel polish without removal). And from now on, they pay the "real price". ;) I worded it as such anyway.

Yes I’m mainly back to back acrylics.
I charge different prices for an infill to a rebalance redesign. I work with coloured acrylics so most appointments are a removal of the bulk then a new colour design applied.

My infill appointments are up to 3 weeks and and over is a rebalance. There is a difference in price although I don’t do this often as most want a new acrylic design. My new set is the same price as a rebalance/redesign as it’s the same time and amount of work

If you find it’s a longer appointment and more work then price it accordingly. That extra week can make a big difference. I found a big difference between 3 and 4 weeks so try to get my clients to book every 3 weeks. Some would leave it as long as possible and come back with nails glued on and lifting. A nightmare [emoji33] my infills now include 2 repairs anything over and I charge extra. Most book every 3 weeks now...

I'm just practising on family at the moment and getting in loads of practise before I set up properly. But if I'm doing infills and there is lifting it takes me so much longer. I think it's just because I'm extra careful around the natural nail. Maybe I just need to keep practising so I get quicker. I'm on 2 hours at the moment which is not ideal. I would like to get down to 1.5 hours but that's another story. Gosh there is just so much to think about! I'm looking at loyalty schemes at the moment too!! My heads spinning

I'm just practising on family at the moment and getting in loads of practise before I set up properly. But if I'm doing infills and there is lifting it takes me so much longer. I think it's just because I'm extra careful around the natural nail. Maybe I just need to keep practising so I get quicker. I'm on 2 hours at the moment which is not ideal. I would like to get down to 1.5 hours but that's another story. Gosh there is just so much to think about! I'm looking at loyalty schemes at the moment too!! My heads spinning

2 hours is fine when you start out, that will reduce with practice. Just do as many sets as you can and be very thorough with your prep and also application around the cuticle and side walls. All my lifting when I started was my prep. I still get some clients with lifting and I agree it’s a pain [emoji21]

Latest posts

Back