Should I reduce price to boost my business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am by no means busy (I also work another job) but my clients either come from my website, my FB Like page or personal recommendation, so in my opinion you need a website if the advertising that you are doing is not enough. You can either invest is someone to do it for you, or use one of the freebie sites where all you pay for is your chosen domain name.

I tried Weebly and paid about £6 for my domain 2 years ago and have just renewed another 2 years for around £8. There is no monthly fee. If you create your own website though you need to research SEO (there is a great thread on here for that) otherwise it's pointless if you can't get it to rank high in Google.

You need to also promote yourself more in getting people talking about the nails you create. Ask friends to share your page and your pictures and get your friends to have their nails done in payment for promoting you. Have amazing nails yourself that are creative and show your skill, never letting them fall below stunning as people will judge you on your own.

A few pointers that I think have got me the client Base I have today ...

Don't lower your prices, do an offer! Pay for nails, get toes half price.

Bring your friend along for half price.

Get repeat appointment half price.

This way you either get repeat custom or new custom.

Respond to enquiries regularly - I know myself that I'm inpatient and if I don't hear back I enquire elsewhere - time is ALWAYS money.

Have nice nails yourself.

Be active on your Facebook page, not posting repeat statuses/pictures but commenting on other people's statuses, advertising on Sale Pages, just get your name out there. If someone recommends you, don't just 'like' their comment, this goes unnoticed whereas a comment brings your name up for the enquirer to click on.

Try make your work a little different to everyone else's, take pictures and post.

Good luck and hope you manage to further yourself a little bit :)

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back