Should my nape row be dark or light?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexica1

Reaction score
Hi all,
I really hope someone more experienced than me can help me out with this.

Im fitting a client tomorrow who matches a #2 and has approx 14inch length of natural hair. She has asked for some caramel underneath so Ive ordered her 75% #2 and 25% #6. (Nano by the way)

Im aware i need to be fitting in rows of complete colour rather than alternating as I dont want stripes, and client would like all of the #6 at the ends only and underneath.

Im just confused about my first row at the nape, do I do first row #2 and then a couple of rows #6, row #2 then row #6 so on. Or should I start by placing the nape row as #6 then a row #2 and so on?

I hope Ive not made that overly complicated (I have a habit of over thinking things) but I would hate the overall look to be ruined by incorrect placing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think first row #2, few rows #6 like you said.

I think first row #2, few rows #6 like you said.

That's what I thought. I'm quite nervous about this one as it's my first nano. And the client keeps changing her mind about what she'd like to achieve. I'll be relieved when it's finished to tell the truth.

Cams thanks so much I'm a bit more relaxed now

That's what I thought. I'm quite nervous about this one as it's my first nano. And the client keeps changing her mind about what she'd like to achieve. I'll be relieved when it's finished to tell the truth.

I'll start first row #2 then a couple of rows #6 and then see how it's sitting. I'll probably just end up finishing the rest with #2?
Or actually should I be maybe doing more rows of #6?

I am over thinking this

Can anyone advise? I'm not feeling confident about this one at all x

Cams already replied. I don't do extensions but I would assume you just need to see how it looks as you go?

Why don't you do a mixture so like do your first row #2 then do a mixed row for a few rows then a solid #6 row for a few then your #2 again you'll be fine don't stress.

I'd do first rows 2 then a few 6 then a few mixed then back to 2???

Thanks so much for your replies. And I'm sorry for being a total stress head:eek: I'm just so desperate to be the best I can be.

Any way as usual cams I followed your advice and you're never wrong. I did first row #2 then 2 rows of #6 then a row of mixed followed by the remaining rows #2. Being sure to keep some #6 for face framing. And it turned out well. This was my first nano and I'm quite pleased with it.
Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. It took me 4 hours start to finish as she only needed a bit of blending and face framing. She had 150 1g strands

Thanks so much for your replies. And I'm sorry for being a total stress head:eek: I'm just so desperate to be the best I can be.

Any way as usual cams I followed your advice and you're never wrong. I did first row #2 then 2 rows of #6 then a row of mixed followed by the remaining rows #2. Being sure to keep some #6 for face framing. And it turned out well. This was my first nano and I'm quite pleased with it.
Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. It took me 4 hours start to finish as she only needed a bit of blending and face framing. She had 150 1g strands

Did you take a pic? Glad it went well x

Attachments

• 2015-12-09_20.24.30.jpg
    2015-12-09_20.24.30.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 59
I hope that loads. Sometimes salongeek is silly on my phone.

I hope that loads. Sometimes salongeek is silly on my phone.

Ahh yes i can see. Very subtle, but very nice great job!

Good job for the first time.
I would start with 2 rows of #2 then few rows of #6 and last 3 to 4 rows finish with #2 to achieve good blend on top.

Thanks so much. I need to start trusting myself and then I'll build confidence. This is a massive career change for me but I am to practise practise practise. Thanks again x

dont know how nano rings work to well but with greatlengths you can mix the hair so its more natural? as apposed to doing different rows different colours.. you wouldnt see it to well unless the extensions are going to be very layered, or blowdryed curly...?

Latest posts

Back