Should you charge extra for lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Reaction score
I am a make-up artist and just spent a lot on different types of lashes, should I charge people if they want lashes as I'm quite cheap already?

Thanks

Yes of course you should!!

Yes! Have a selection with you for retail, if the client buys the lashes then apply them 'free of charge' as it were with the makeup application. Tell the client to keep the box and when she removes them to clean them gently & place them back in the box and they'll be good for a few more wears, this will enforce that the client is getting value for money.

So if I bought them for 6 euro, should I sell them at that then?
I could absorb that cost for a bridal make-up as don't really want to get in discussions over 6 euro in the grand scheme of things, or is that silly?

No you should add it on. Not sure in euros but in pounds I can pick up eyelashes for 2-3 quid and I charge the client £5 on top of their bill if they're having another treatment & £10 if they're having lashes on their own. I also say if they want to buy their own I will put them on for free but mostly lashes around here are £6 on their own from
Boots!

Ok thanks. The ones I bought are Devine lashes and cost £4.69 which is around 6 euro. What lashes do you use and where do you buy them as these were the cheapest good lashes I could find. I guess I could charge 25 euro for make-up and 30 if they want lashes and absorb the euro as 30 is better number.

Hi Pipster

Most places I know charge 15 euro extra for lashes. In the salon I did work experience in make up was 25. To add lashes it was 15 euro extra and they were about 4 euro to buy in the salon suppliers. In the fuschia shop near where I live its fifteen euro for lashes but I dont know how much they are wholesale. xxxx

Hi Pipster

Most places I know charge 15 euro extra for lashes. In the salon I did work experience in make up was 25. To add lashes it was 15 euro extra and they were about 4 euro to buy in the salon suppliers. In the fuschia shop near where I live its fifteen euro for lashes but I dont know how much they are wholesale. xxxx

Thanks Molly, that's really helpful. I would say I could get lashes cheaper than the 5.80 I paid but I really like these Divine lashes as they are light and you don't really notice them.

Maybe I should charge an extra 10 euro then as if they charge me 6 and I have to spend some time putting them on.

I had drama with a mother of the bride before who made me take them on and off about 6 times.

Latest posts

Back