Show us your Cuccio Veneer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is you gets the striping tape to stay in place? Mine won't stick to the cured layer and keeps slipping off it

Hi the striping tape I got was slightly sticky ( don't know if that's normal?) but just placed on cured layer and then flashed cured it for 5 seconds then applied the top coat.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought a bottle at the wholesalers yesterday. Because I was searching for a specific colour, the sales person showed me the colour pops. All were Icon colours with the names changed to the new Cuccio ones.

I'm a bit baffled tbh! Icon is a cheap gel and having read one geeks story of the removal in this thread, that sounds familiar.

So are we buying the same gel in a new bottle? Did anyone here use Icon? If so, can you confirm the similarity in colours?

I use Icon and Veneer. Icon is just Cuccio Veneer in no frills packaging. Exactly the same product, just different names. Icon is made by Cuccio and Cuccio is Star Nails.

What wholesalers did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I'm having some issues with this brand..
Normally my nails aren't oily so I've not been using fuse so that maybe the issue however I'm having trouble with them lasting more than a week.

I removed any cuticle, took away the shine, removed any dust, Step 1 with the dehydrate, one coat - cure, second coat - cure, I then burnished in some CND glitter, applied top coat and cured then removed the tacky layer.
However I've had some start to peel around the freeedge and the ones that did just totally come away today and from what I can see there is no damage done to my natural nail

Have I perhaps applied to close to the free edge but as far as I'm aware the application doesn't look that different to my remaining ones or maybe I applied to ones that have come away to thickly? I can't have photo's as I've broken my camera on my phone hopefully it's be repaired tomorrow

Did you skin the fuse and base ?

Sorry only the fuse, as I read into it and was under the impression that it's mainly for oily nail beds. Mine are fairly dry. That is the only one I didn't preform.
Six are still on, but four kinda peeled and popped off today. I didn't even notice one had till I got home.
It is my first time applying them on myself, so I'm hoping with practice It'll be fine. I also did my mums a week ago but I've not really seen her to see how hers are going - though I live with her I've just not been home from work when she has.

I use Icon and Veneer. Icon is just Cuccio Veneer in no frills packaging. Exactly the same product, just different names. Icon is made by Cuccio and Cuccio is Star Nails.

What wholesalers did you go to, if you don't mind me asking?

So where does one find this info? Have Cuccio confirmed this? I was told that Icon was being discontinued.

Step 1 dehydrates
Step 2 - fuse gives a shiny almost sticky surface for base to adhere to . Use it all I've for oil beds or hand working hands and just on free edge , side walls and cuticle areas for most reg clients
Step 2 base smoothed imperfections and for polish to adhere to
Step 3 colour - super thin coats
Step 4 top coat and cap free edge

If you skip fuse completely or base it won't work . Did it by accident once and it wasn't a good result! Make sure you apply fuse thinly don't flood the nail . Apply it with care and don't miss those edges that sometimes curl round or under.

I can't count lol

Step 1 dehydrates
Step 2 - fuse gives a shiny almost sticky surface for base to adhere to . Use it all I've for oil beds or hand working hands and just on free edge , side walls and cuticle areas for most reg clients
Step 2 base smoothed imperfections and for polish to adhere to
Step 3 colour - super thin coats
Step 4 top coat and cap free edge

If you skip fuse completely or base it won't work . Did it by accident once and it wasn't a good result! Make sure you apply fuse thinly don't flood the nail . Apply it with care and don't miss those edges that sometimes curl round or under.

Thank you. I believe the rest I was doing fine and looking from the front and side it doesn't look thick (damn phone). I'll do a soak off Saturday and re start as again work is being a pain.
I never thought about the hard working hands, my hands are in and out tills all day, putting away deliveries or picking items inc large ones or working with Jewelry so always opening chains, watches etc.
I'm actually home with my mum tomorrow evening so see how hers are holding up though I have a feeling one or two may of been to thick as they ran when applying.
Thanks again. I'm just starting out with practicing so it's frustrating me

So where does one find this info? Have Cuccio confirmed this? I was told that Icon was being discontinued.

I have a colour chart for Icon which has the Cuccio website on the bottom. They are also based in the same office. I recently returned two Icon polishes as I already had them in Veneer which I told them. This has been mentioned on SG quite some time ago but I dont think everyone remembered, I only remembered a couple of weeks ago. And when I email the wholesalers I buy from their return email address is Star Nails International aka Cuccio.

Icon is being sold at a ridiculously good price at the moment. They only have 62 of the Veneer colours so its great to bulk your Veneer collection out.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a colour chart for Icon which has the Cuccio website on the bottom. They are also based in the same office. I recently returned two Icon polishes as I already had them in Veneer which I told them. This has been mentioned on SG quite some time ago but I dont think everyone remembered, I only remembered a couple of weeks ago. And when I email the wholesalers I buy from their return email address is Star Nails International aka Cuccio.

Icon is being sold at a ridiculously good price at the moment. They only have 62 of the Veneer colours so its great to bulk your Veneer collection out.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm unsure. Have you lowered your price of service? What did you use before?
I used to go to a beauty therapist to have my nails done every two weeks. She used Gelish which I really liked. All of a sudden she started using Icon, which as you say is much cheaper, but still charged the same.
Whilst I know that the cost of products are only a small part of the price, my clients expect only the best and this is what I really drum into them. I stopped going to that nail tech because I felt that she would be cutting corners on other things too, and the trust was gone.

I'm going to have to reconsider this.

I charge exactly the same and have no problems doing so as it's the same product. My clients are made aware that its the same product. I use Veneer and Icon. Icon does not have the hundred odd colours Veneer has so I purchase both (from the same company).

If you got a VAT free offer or a trade show deal, would you reduce your service cost? Take ACG for instance, they've just slashed their price per bottle, I doubt you'll find any techs reducing their price. ACG and Gelish I believe are the same. There are a few companies that do this, so it's not exclusive to Cuccio.

Product cost is just a small part of the service.

If as you say, Icon is being discontinued, I don't in all honesty see a problem. I don't think there's a problem anyway, but as you feel apprehensive about it, take this as a plus.

Here's some new swatches I got today. Love them!

Icon Sugar Plum/ Veneer Call in the Calgery

Kiss in Paris Veneer layered with Icon Minx/ Veneer Manhatten Mayhem

Icon Amethyst/ Veneer Rose Gold Romance

Icon Twilight/ Veneer Bali Bayliss

Icon Teal/ Veneer Grecian Sea

Attachments

• 1413500823418.jpg
    1413500823418.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 232
Here's some new swatches I got today. Love them!

Icon Sugar Plum/ Veneer Call in the Calgery

Kiss in Paris Veneer layered with Icon Minx/ Veneer Manhatten Mayhem

Icon Amethyst/ Veneer Rose Gold Romance

Icon Twilight/ Veneer Bali Bayliss

Icon Teal/ Veneer Grecian Sea

Where do you order icon from?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Beauty Sale UK lovely x

What colours do you all find most popular I'm struggling to decide I want 6 to start and at the moment have Vegas vixen and Turkish delight x

Cuccio veneer - in brooklyn never sleeps with overlay of cuppa cuccio
I love this purple

Attachments

• 1413554127290.jpg
    1413554127290.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 156
What colours do you all find most popular I'm struggling to decide I want 6 to start and at the moment have Vegas vixen and Turkish delight x

I'll show you my swatches that I ordered. .

Latest posts

Back