Show us your curly blowdrys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433107272.628945.jpg

I love a curly blow dry! Never ever remember to take pictures tho, I'd be happy just curly blow drying all day lol x

IMG_20150530_210747.jpg
One of mine from weekend

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433193102.003789.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433193124.502016.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1433193161.372987.jpg

These are my blowdries.. Always scared to dress out I tend to lose the curls or volume! Also still trying products what are the best ones? Thank you xx

What are you best products for a fabulous curly blow?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438066631.414507.jpg

I always forget to take pictures... But here's one mine from the weekend xxxx

Wow that is amazing!!!

Does anyone have any tips on curly blow drys! I need to improve

Does anyone have any tips on curly blow drys! I need to improve

Sectioning is really quite crucial.

First of all, add your product. On wavy hair that isn't really frizzy i'll use a blowdry lotion and a root boosting spray, sometimes a lightweight oil. On really unruly curly hair i use smoothing products, on quite straight that's when mousse needs to be involved.

Now to need to blast the hair off until its about 80% dry, i like it a bit wetter than this as i work a lot faster with curly blows now. Now section out a rectangle on top over the parting, no wider than your brush, then i just do two sections to separate both sides, sometimes I won't do the rectangle i'll just sort it out when i get to it.

So starting in the nape take about a 1.5-2inch section, horizontal, split that so its workable and sections fit in the brush, now wrap the section around the underneath of the brush, now pull taught and blow the roots smoothly, go to the side and underneath the section making sure all the roots are dry, now start smoothing down the section, once you get the the ends start spinning your brush but not wrapping just yet, keep blowing the ends and spinning the brush, this will ensure that not only are the ends dry and smoothly wrapped around the brush, but it will also ensure that if it drops out the ends will still be flicky because they've been shaped so much! Now start wrapping the hair, i sort of go back and forth when wrapping, get the hair nice and hot but don't ever touch the hair with the nozzle, leave that brush in, move onto the sub-section beside it, once both brushes are in you can either take them out and pin curl it which will ensure they're more defined and stay in longer, or rollers but that'll be softer than pin curls, or you can leave all the brushes in the head! If you're working on quite straight hair i'd always pin curls. Repeat the process up the head.

When you get to the sides, i like to take diagonal back sections and keep the brush going away from the face so the curls fall that way!

On the rectangle section, start nearest to the crown and take a 1.5-2 inch section again, step in front of the client but put your brush behind, now blow bringing the hair towards you, this'll get nice volume in! Just repeat that on the whole section, wrapping the hair back, but bringing it forward.

When the curls have cooled, release them all, apply hairspray as you release each section. Get the client to tilt their head back and just place your hands on their scalp and shake their hair to separate all the curls and remove any sectioned lines! You can use a small amount of serum to define the curls and then more hairspray, get the client to shake their head and bring the hair forward and voila!

Also, if you really aren't good at getting that curl in, you can tong it before you pin curl, or stick a heated roller in.

Thanks! I think mostly I fail at the top section to make it voluminous and big and pretty!

Thanks! I think mostly I fail at the top section to make it voluminous and big and pretty!

If you bring it forward like i said, once you push it back it'll have lots of volume! U could put the top in velcros too if you wanted more volume

Thank you , I go to work tomorrow and will put this use! Probably gonna buy a mannequin today so I can practice.

Latest posts

Back